-
Posts
573 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Wingnut
-
Spotted SSG-02 (Orange F6).... I think its the baby brother of SSG-01 which is a red F6 unmarked pursuit car that has been baiting people on the Princess Hwy. Was sitting behind him on Burke Rd Camberwell which gave me a chance to get a clear look at the lights on the parcel shelf. I guess he tried to bait me as I dont see any other reason he would fry the tyres through the junction... I didnt risk taking a pic because I would assume he would have been watching me rather closely. How many of these cars are out there now and what does the SSG stand for?
-
When did an FG turbo become a nice car? lol I love my car and think its the duck nuts dont worry about that, but living on Lygon St I assure you the locals look at my car the same way you look at Bommodores and Skylines with drift stickers... Maybe the bloke next door in the in the 575 Superamerica goes to Autobarn. This isnt boast by any means and I totally agree that Autobarn have taken the business in the wrong direction with their "rice" concept but if you know what youre looking for it can be pretty convenient for the odds and ends when building a car.
-
What Web Sites Do You Visit (Other Then Porn)
Wingnut replied to RIPGMH's topic in Videos & Driving Footage
Youtube flat out that days... Have it hooked into my plasma through apple tv so its become a party favorite... Ls1.com.au gets a fair bashing and wow forums... yes I play wow.. -
Firstly, I dont work for Autobarn, but there certainly is nothing wrong with that shop at all. My old local actually had a quite a number of tough cars owned by people that worked there and I always found them a great source of info. Take the guys advice but dont restrict your research to that alone. I gained 10rwkw through changing to a K&N but have had no experience with the other brand. Good Luck.
-
Largest Load Youve Had On A Ute
Wingnut replied to rockafellqeinstien's topic in Falcon Utes (UTEopia)
I carried a xmas tree home last week... Does that count? The VE had a lot more action but still, I bought the ute because 1. I think they look better than the sedans for both brand 2. about 10k cheaper overall as well. It has also become a great excuse to not have to drive when we go out for drinks lol. -
I posted something about a viabration while stationary in D sometime ago but had no response. Im sorry to say im glad that its a common problem rather than just my own car but ye it is extremely annoying... My lady friend keeps giving me sh*t about the brand new car a love so much shaking and viabrating like an old bomb lol. But hey if that's the worst of it then im happy. My VE was in for warranty about 4 times at this point (5000kms) so the Ford is still a fair way ahead.
-
Mine doesnt rattle but it does shake around quite a fair bit when turning a corner on bumpy roads. Its rather annoying I hope someone can tie it down a little better.
-
To hard to do. I would suggest debadging your car including the XR6 so no one will ever be the wiser. My car is completely debadged but has had a fair bit of work done under the bonnet. Its also nice and quite so no one really has a clue until they look closely through the front bar. If it was easy to do mate there would be a heap of blokes out there that would be able to give you advice after have done it. But sorry to say doesnt look like there is.
-
Sorry mate didnt see your reply until now. It all came down to my budget. I think the process west bat relocater/cai was another $1000+ and as it was a basically doubled what I intended on spending for my first round of mods. There is a massive gain to be had im sure as I gained an extra 11rwkw by just throwing a K&N panel into the stock intake. But that will be part of my next round which will involve the bigger turbo.
-
Spotted NFORCED out near Coburg way... Was going to find an xmas tree had no effin clue where I was so Im not sure what road. I was in the white Ute, tried to catch up but traffic was sh*t.. Great looking car, rims are noice
-
Same kind of issue here. After I had the car tuned, it seems to strugle to idle a little after its warm once I have driven and come to a complete stop. It has also stalled on occasion. But I assume that's just in the tune itself. Vety happy with the car as a whole but im sure this is something a more experienced work shop could fix.
-
Who tuned the car mate?
-
Hard to go fast?? There are a list of stock cars dipping into the 12s mate. Its actaully quite the opposite. I know personally I am trying to hold off a little before taking my car down the strip as its only got 3900kms on the clock 1100 of those after it had all the work done. I was considering waiting until the next service, say 7000kms, where ill have it retuned and hopefully get a little more out of it. The goal is an 11 with an unmodified turbo in full factory trim.. Then a 10 with a modded turbo. I would assume there would be a few more out there in the same boat. Seems there is still a lot to learn about the FG which could be the reason we dont see a lot of really fast cars as of yet.
-
I think the saying is "no replacement for displacement"? Anway, you need to put things in perspective.. The Barra engine has been around half as long as the 2JZ as well as the body shape of the Supra itself. Its only a matter of time and of coarse development before we see some really quick cars out there.
-
Anyone able to give me a run down on the good and bad of this place? Seems strange we wait all year for Calder to come back and then have to deal with their antics again when we have a drag strip only a little while away. I have never been but weekends are perfect for me and Ill most probably be going this coming w/e. Thanks.
-
Nice stuff mate. Dare I say theres probably a bit more it in.. Good list of mods you got there, the result is good but did they tell you what might be the next thing on the list to get maybe 30-40 more? I know in my case its just getting that little FG turbo re-worked and maybe a retune and it should make bucket loads more.
-
jesus mate I would be thrilled with that!! 11sec on street rubber... Put it in perspective, your car is now just as fast over 400s than most production cars on the planet.. GREAT RESULT!! Get some slicks do a 10!!
-
You got any more details?? 60ft, weight, air temps, track? Sub 13 sec from a stock FG on 19s is out there...
-
1. Headsex 2. TUFXRT6 3. NVYDF6 4. ARSEPECK 5. RLQUIK 6. MA77Y 7. Spine 8. Dyno-Mite Performance 9. Yoshi (Maybe if I still have a clutch) 10 Phantom6 11. T6XR 12. Wingnut
-
You said it... Oh and so did I... and I still feel the same way about it so stir someone elses sh*t ey? LOL
-
Well after owning a midly tuned manual BA and a midly tuned auto FG I cant tell you how much I prefer driving the newer model... the thing makes over 500hp now and apart from a small burble you cant tell the car is anything but stock until you mash the pedal.. The ride is smooth, and the power delivery with the smaller turbo is so much easier to live with. that's not to say I wont ever look at upgrading but at this point I am overwhelmed with the package the boys from G&D were able to provide me with. Its not really comparing apples with apples as they use a different box, but the FG imho is miles apart from my old BA and so it should be.
-
I dont have a bug biting me, its a disease that cant be cured obviously...
-
Hey guys, to get you up to speed Back So Soon... - Ford XR6 Turbo.com Well with 2800kms on the clock I decided to do something stupid and mod my car again. Very happy with it stock but I get bored very easily and after talking to G&D for some time about modding my old VE I thought I might as well le them have a crack at this. Mods are: -Process west stage 2 -Full Exhaust using a Herrod cat back -Hi flowed injectors (not sure the exact details) -Process west surge tank with bigger fuel pump -K&N panel filter Result was 307rwkw at 10psi. I think I would have liked a little more but that would have been for bragging rights only. The car feel great, apart from a small little burble you really cant even tell that its been modded until you step on the gas. Hard to compare to my old BA which had about 30rwkw more but this feels as strong all the way through the rev range. I have left the turbo stock for now as my goal was to try and run an 11 in street trim with stock turbo. I want to see what mph im able to achieve and if it cant cut it then ill look at the turbo and replace the stock intake setup. But I guess doing it this way means theres only 1 thing left to before I start making serious power. Pitty it wasnt ready for the cruise last week but im glad they kept it for a few more days as it is perfect. Thanks.
-
Which will be back from G&D wednesday with about 500hp or im hoping lol. Still stand by what I said though. My Bogan special felt very rapid off the mark and would get my T to say 80kms but from there this thing really winds up and is rather suprising how well it goes stock. Cant wait to see what it will be like with a few more killerwasps. BTW I am coming around on the FG styling... I guess I just like having something different now the roads are jam packed with VE's. I have only put 2800kms on the thing and I have loved everyone of them, but I would be lying if I said I didnt miss my VE a little bit lol. I guss after owning both new models at similar price points my opinion might be worth something but I dont think I could really pick which one would be a better buy. At this point in time I much prefer owning the Ford and will continue to do so for some years to come.
-
It happens in the T as well. If you watch episode 8 or there abouts of OZ GARAGE (the HPF show) he explains how it is abl to be tuned out. Goes into brief detail too what it actually does.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.