Jump to content

Chich

Member
  • Posts

    3,843
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chich

  1. just go to your local tyre joint and get em to swap the tyres from side to side, so the stripes are on the inside if you wanna get rid of em.. wont cost ya much.
  2. does this shake only under braking or just normal driving?
  3. put up a free FG F6 just to watch the old post whores all flow back in...
  4. nope, there are little rubbers on the underside of the coil cover which keeps them down.
  5. I'll jump on the soft list as well
  6. ford v holden, blah blah... anyone who wants to bag a particular brand because of the brand, needs to open thier eyes a little, ford has more than enough issues, and so does holden. I prefer the ford for a few things, mostly related to power, and how easy it is to find more, and I do prefer the look as well, but in hindsight, both brands are common as, and are nothing insanely special. you want a car with some bragging rights? go buy yourself some old school muscle of either brand, or spend up on a ferrari... For me, the ford was a better overall package, and to someone else, the Expensive Daewoo was. Big Deal.
  7. that's all I have to say about that...
  8. sounds like the actuator is busted, common problem in these cars its happened to me twice in 2 different ba's. there is a little white cog inside the mechanism that breaks, I think you can buy the part itself somewhere, but I just replaced the whole unit. EDIT: If you are after a quick fix until you can get it sorted, just pull the door trim off and disconnect the door handle rod so it wont open the door but MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE CHILD LOCK FIRST, or you will be in for some great drama's when it comes time to open it again...
  9. apparently (to both questions) Hi Tabby
  10. if your bar seems loose, check the black tray under it, sometimes when that breaks/ becomes loose, there will be movement in the bar.
  11. dirt track
  12. what???
  13. mmmmmmmm rockford.... good price too I say go for it...
  14. not when there's cheese stuck to it...
  15. ok, I've been away for a bit.. fill me in, what ya buyin
  16. what are ya stressing about?
  17. sweet FA I'm bored as, so I'm here...
  18. evening ladies
  19. to do an exhast you will find it a hell of a lot easier to get it up on a hoist if possible, if not I would lift front first then rear, and dive it up on some blocks of wood first if you find it hard to get under it.
  20. I don't have anything againt machine polishing at all, I will not deny that it is a quicker way to get a good finish, with less effort IF you know how to use them. I have used so many different products, compounds and finishing products with a machine and by hand, and as I have said, I am yet to come by a swirl or scratch that you cannot use certain products to correct by hand, doing large areas of swirled or scratched paint is not very efficient, and you will be better off using a machine of sorts, which I prefer to use a variable speed buffer to do these types of things, (howevr I am quite experienced in using these machines and would't recommend teaching yourself on your expensive car) products like farecla and ppg's system one are great products to use with a machine, and will acheive a show quality finish if you know what you are doing.
  21. I was heading opposite direction in a delivery van
  22. you wont have any problems mate, just disconnect it and go, its only a few weeks.
  23. looks interesting, I'll be watching this space
  24. spotted jon k this morning on the hume (I think) looks good on the road
  25. Trough, I don't know what you would consider a heavy swirl or scratch, but having been in the industry for quite a few years, I can tell you that no swirl mark or light scratch (and by light I mean light to the point where it is only visible in certain light e.t.c) cannot be removed by hand with the right products, and a little patience. I will say, that machine polishing will always be a quicker way to do it, but you can do it by hand also.
×
×
  • Create New...