Jump to content

Infamous

Member
  • Posts

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Infamous

  1. Working for a living. Come on powerball!
  2. Happy Birthday Infamous!

  3. Hey, thanks for your suggestions. I've got the service manual, so I know who the original dealer was, so I'm going to give them a call tommorrow. Good thing I don't need the car for work, because I've had the negative terminal removed for the last two days. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon. Cheers
  4. I think the reserve will be at least 20k. Check it out in person, then bid online. I was suprised at how easy Pickles Online Bidding was. Remember at auctions you can't drive it, all you can do is start the engine and check it over cosmetically. You could get a bargain or you could get a lemon. However, Pickles will be only too happy to put the car back on auction the following week should you not be happy with it for a small fee, of course. Good luck, and keep us all updated with what it goes for.
  5. Hey, Got another question on alarms. I've already searched the forums and none seem to answer my question. Anyway my car alarm seems to go off intermittently on my BA Fairmont. It especially sh*ts me in the early hours of the morning. Replaced the battery, still does it. I assume it's got an factory fitted alarm, I've only owned it for two weeks, bought it at auction as a 2nd car as it was in good knick and significantly cheaper then my turbo to run. Did fairmont's come out with a alarm standard, does it differ to other makes? Thanks
  6. Hey, if your in a capital city you might be able to grab a bargain on a Plasma, LCD or Notebook. I've been on these guys mailing list for a while. This catalogue seems to have some better bargains then previous ones. Let me know how you go. VC_InventoryClearanceList_290108.pdf
  7. Have you tried geting hold of the previous owner and finding out which dealership he bought the extended warranty through. If you don't have the original transfer papers with his details, couldn't you go to your licensing centre and get them.
  8. Go to Whiteline Website, I bought mine directly off the website and had them fitted by midas for $50. Pedders and a couple of other suspension places wanted $200 just to fit them. I would of done it myself, just didn't have the clearance with it being lowered and couldn't be bothered stuffing around with stands. It did make a fair bit of difference when driving, car handled corners a lot better, ass end still slid out heaps thanks to an xtreme tune. Wish I didn't sell it.
  9. Fellas, basically I'm looking at starting my own wireless ISP. I know there are a lot of other computer enthusiasts who are members on this forum and thought I would try my luck. I've placed a topic on the whirlpool forums as well, but thought that there might be others on here with a experience in either setting up an ISP or work for one. I've only just relocated interstate, sold the T and now situated at a place called Groote Eylandt (NT). If anyone out there has any advice, contacts or knows where I might be able to make a start that would be helpful. I'm not looking at cornering the market or expanding interstate, just providing a service to a community of around 2000 without being as ridiculously priced as Telstra Next G network and also being more reliable.
  10. Truth is, nobody likes car salespeople, but they are a necessary evil. Everyone has been screwed by a car salesperson, and when you think you got a good deal, you get screwed on delivery or after sales service. But when comparing car salespeople to real estate salespeople at least your geting screwed on a smaller scale.
  11. You got to see this, got it emailed to me so unfortunately no web link. The end is a shocker, not sure if it's for real. Stunt_Driver.wmv
  12. Trial and Error my friend. A mates VN Calais used to do this all the time for about 3 years, there solution was to put a battery isolator in because they couldn't work out what it was. After another mate bought it, he found one of the interior lights above the rear passengers head had been switched on this whole time, and had a blown globe with a dead short and drained the battery.
  13. Do you keep going back to same tuner? IMO if you have, I'd try a different one first to see if he can sort it out before doing something drastic like selling your T.
  14. Heath, What you want to do is get a bit torrent program like utorrent, then you want to cruise to a couple of good torrent sites like Eztv for tv shows, or Torrentfive for movies. utorrent is pretty simple to use and comes with a wizard to set it up. Happy torrenting.
  15. FULLY SICK!!!
  16. Who's seen Familly Guy Season 6, Episode 1? It's CLASSIC! They did a Star Wars take-off on the original Movie - totally took the piss. Obviously it won't be on tv for a while but the torrent is out there.
  17. I can relate, well not really, but I have a cool story so bear with me. About 3 years ago I bought a 100,000V Stun gun off US Ebay as you do. Just over 2 years after having it and performing many practical jokes on mates, I get a phone call out of the blue, from the local plod asking me to bring it down to the cop shop. At first I play dumb, as you do seeing how could they possibly know after 2 years, but the copper explains to me that the federal police wanted them to just get a warrant and just search my house instead. Once I bring it down the police station, they show me all the details of my original purchase (Ebay auction number, my username, price, seller etc.). It did leave me wondering though whether they caught on straight away and sat back and watched whether I bought anything else dodgy or if they are snowed under. Ohh well, I exchanged my stun gun for an official receipt saying they now have it in there possession.
  18. Infamous

    My Computer

    I hope someone else is footing the bill for your overseas access. Voice phone calls are expensive enough from your telstra mobile, I can't imagine what ridiculous price Telstra puts on data access.
  19. 225s will definately fit on the front, 235s maybe. I run 225s on front and rear. When I bought it it had 225s on the front and 245s on the rear. Tried putting 245s on the front - NO DICE!
  20. Infamous

    Acn

    Yep, It had a $500 Franchise fee which my mate paid already. Hrmmmmmm Sucka!
  21. Infamous

    Acn

    Anyone out there heard of this company called ACN (telecommunications company), got dragged to a meeting tonight by a mate. Pyramid Scheme??? Opinions??? Members???
  22. Infamous

    20" Rims

    Yeh mate, I can tell you first hand, 245s will not fit your fronts with stock xr6t suspension. I run 225s all round. When I bought my T, It was running 225s on the front and 245s on the rear, tried swapping them over because I was going to run 245s all round but they rubbed like a b*tch. If your going to spend the money, with coil over suspension I was told I might be able to get 245s to fit. Don't know what your budget is
  23. I guess it depends how much you want to spend. Want to spend less then a grand and you want 40-50 more rwkw, just get a CAPA Flash box with Generic tunes.
  24. Need to get my front bar re-sprayed, can anyone recommend a business around cannington. Cheers
  25. Buddy, if your in WA, try Richards Mining Services in Joondalup. Majority of people contracting to Pilbara Iron Minesites are employed by Skilled. So probably best to try Skilled in Welshpool. Also there's also NRW, there geting pretty big, you should be able to get a job with them if your chasing experience.
×
×
  • Create New...