Jump to content

ritzy

Member
  • Posts

    119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ritzy

  1. ritzy

    Happy Birthday ritzy!

  2. Nice work Nathan and genebaby. I'm right behind you. After going to tuner today for service and issues I find that my zorst has issues. Options re-tune or new zorst and retune. Either way I'm f*cked coz I have a X1. Once I had full story from tuner, here I am hours later after reading 50 pages of posts. Then driving home all I could think of was VCAT and surprised it hasn't been mentioned in many posts. I have gone to the tribal before and for the $70 dollar it costs is well worth the lesson it teaches these companies. http://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/CA256DBB0022825D/page/Civil+Disputes-Small+Claims?OpenDocument&1=45-Civil+Disputes-Small+Claims~&2=~&3=~ Good thing about VCAT is it' you vs them no lawyers and only legal facts. Who else is keen?
  3. From what I understand. Currently in process of fitting one. Is the PWR model fits between the intercooler and the radiator. Hoses then run from trans cooler to hoses near battery. Lots of air both when traveling and stationary from the themo fans.
  4. Better get your self a factory as in 5k I need a service....
  5. Sweet.. Maybe you can put it in my backyard so I dont have to travel far for a tune. Though you might not want to work in IT, working on cars these days you needs to be a pc nerd. good luck.
  6. These standard battery's are known for there corrosion. The bigger issue is the corrosion moves down the leads. Holden's standard ones are just as sh*t. I would check your cables and replace if needed. Replace with a decent terminal. And get a real battery with out this issue. Then vasaline or special stuff the terminals.
  7. nice
  8. I reckon you would have ha no chance of them fixing anything with or with out the extended warranty..
  9. Thanks heaps for the post. I'm defiantly going to do this and am waiting on your detailed doco and pics.
  10. Ok who's doing a GROUP BUY??? we got 7.. I'll do it if I have toot?? How many yes's before I start the group buy thread.
  11. Why not get the same workshop that's going to do the custom tune to do the Service as well.
  12. I would say your limits are abit high. Specially from my experiences. Maybe you use a C&V dyno though.
  13. With the injectors the car wont run with out a retune. So you have no choice. PM headsex for seimens 60lbs at a good rate. I think valve springs arnt a must. More for around the 300 odd mark. Each car is different and a good tuner can tune to what you have anyway. They will tell you if you need them and what extra you will get. Reason CAT is important is before I swapped mine over I got max of 9 lbs boost. Now I got 14lbs. that's all you need right there. Plus Scribr and his mate with same setup but his mate with CAT got like 50-60rwkw more. Please confirm numbers Scribr. For a tuner check out the sponsors area you'll find someone close. Though I'm glad I'm in Melbourne.. hehe
  14. I wouldn't drive very long with a CAT swap over with out a retune. Mine over boosted like a mofo. I'd get injectors and a CAT then get it re tuned and would get rid of that generic tune.
  15. Maybe we need to just get the ppl that arnt Headsexed to tell us might be easier..
  16. I don't think you would get any benieft, for the effort.
  17. Just had my CAT replaced with Hi flow job. Best mod for power to cost in my book... Thing is though the heat in the cabin has increased substantially. I have a ute too by the way. If you feel the floor where the CAT is you can feel the heat. Has any one else had this issue and is there a way to shield the heat from the car?
  18. I reckon you could drive fluoro truck and ppl would still hit you..
  19. up some pics when you pick it up...
  20. I'll keep ya posted..
  21. Yer that was my idea for the LCD screen part. Thing is the OEM stereo is pretty crap and quality aint the best output to amps. So if I remove that part. Relocate the LCD to tissue box section down below. The install the biggest touch screen LCD I can. Below where the old stereo part is should be big enough for a 2 din carputer. Then I can install a dvd drive in dash for cd's and dvd's. Rest would be mp3 on pc. Only issue will be the radio. Though I reckon a good radio card for the PC would be good plus as least the front end will have the radio intergrated in it as well. Will be weird to reboot my radio... What ya think of idea.
  22. I know cool huh... Though I'm cofused as why the air con wouldn't operate on it's own. Is the issue the fact that the main board runs everything. Maybe the best thing is to buy the second ICC and plug and play. 2 years of electrics school might come in handy. Will report back what I find.
  23. I pay around $800 odd from HBA.. Yup the health insurance mob..I'm 28.
  24. Just wondering from you ICC experts out there. If I change the ICC to another one. Apparently I need it reprogrammed from Ford. Is that just for the stereo part of the ICC that needs reprogramming? Meaning I'm looking to install a Carputer and remove the LCD screen and the CD player part of the ICC and replace them with a big screen etc. Will the A/C and heater part of the ICC still work?
×
×
  • Create New...