Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/01/21 01:13 AM Author Posted 26/01/21 01:13 AM Yeah it comes on pretty hard. Here's the torque vs kW. That wave you can see in the lines is the wg having a moment. I'll be able to smooth that out with some more tuning. 2
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,123 Member For: 18y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/01/21 01:29 AM Posted 26/01/21 01:29 AM Loses a lot of torque after peaking... is that a deliberate part of the tune?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/01/21 01:36 AM Author Posted 26/01/21 01:36 AM (edited) Haha nah it's probably more like the oh sh*t strap was a bit loose and was letting it come up on the roller then fall back down. If it comes up on the roller it changes the reading. Apart from that it's got plenty of timing in the middle. If I softened it up there would be a more linear curve in the graphs. You can see it fall over at 5500rpm just after the crossover which is due to stock cams. So yerp, all of the above. Edited 26/01/21 01:39 AM by Puffwagon Friggin flies man 1
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/01/21 08:54 AM Posted 27/01/21 08:54 AM Totally forgot you have the new design 6Boost manifold, the old design was the main reason 50mm gates wouldn’t work correctly, Glad it’s come together with the 50 ! Not bad numbers and the graph is begging for more limiter now 🙈 Can’t wait to see it turned up to 30 ! 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 27/01/21 09:09 AM Author Posted 27/01/21 09:09 AM I'll have it on E85 this weekend so will see how I go then. It'll make somewhere over 500 but not sure how much exactly. 1
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/01/21 09:13 AM Posted 27/01/21 09:13 AM KPM have 1700’s on shelf 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 27/01/21 09:46 AM Author Posted 27/01/21 09:46 AM I don't wanna be the guy who says that 650kw isn't enough but I am hoping to push the combo to 750awkw. I spose I'll see what the turbo can do first, if it even gets there, but I don't wanna run out of fuel before I run out of turbo. At this stage the fuel system has cost frig all, mebbe $1500, but whatever I do from here out will cost incrementally more, so has to be suitable for the future. I don't wanna buy too much stuff twice if I can help it 2
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 27/01/21 09:42 PM Posted 27/01/21 09:42 PM Lucky you went a 4" exhaust then with goals like that!When power running on the dyno do you hold it flat for a count of around 3 seconds before letting it ramp up? Similar to an engine dyno style of full throttle loading before releasing the water brake... This is for my own knowledge base between different tuners that I've seen over the years.No issues yet with the two intank pumps jammed in the same pot together?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 28/01/21 01:02 AM Author Posted 28/01/21 01:02 AM Yerp there was a reason I went for a large custom exhaust instead of an off the shelf item. Yeah pretty much just get it loaded in 4th as early as possible, floor it to the detent and let it rip. Sometimes I'll hold it for longer if I want to see what the fuel is doing there. Fuel seems to be still good. The sender is being a dick but apart from that it's all good. 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 28/01/21 07:25 AM Author Posted 28/01/21 07:25 AM So yeah driving around and it felt like a fuel surge issue. Figured I'd better fill er up and hot dang it I got 74.3 litres into it. Doesn't the territory have a 75 litre fuel tank?! I'd better fix that fuel gauge lol! In other news I'm gonna swap the plugs this weekend, give the injectors a clean and change the fuel filter. Might even chuck a sticker on it, should be good for an extra 30hp at least 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now