gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 20d Posted 08/05/20 03:03 AM Posted 08/05/20 03:03 AM Oooft
samhouston Legacy Donating Member 153 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/05/20 03:10 AM Posted 08/05/20 03:10 AM I personally don’t see the sense in this, when you can change to a forward facing plenum for virtually the same cost 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,123 Member For: 18y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/05/20 03:13 AM Posted 08/05/20 03:13 AM ^^ and a lot less hassle. 1
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 08/05/20 03:27 AM Posted 08/05/20 03:27 AM I got a FG plenum for next to nothing and installed on my BF. Instead of changing thermo I cut the end of plenum and rewelded to have clearance, also welded up throttle body holes and redid them for BF body. 3
K4L4M1TY Member 32 Member For: 7y 7m 16d Posted 08/05/20 03:39 AM Author Posted 08/05/20 03:39 AM 27 minutes ago, samhouston said: I personally don’t see the sense in this, when you can change to a forward facing plenum for virtually the same cost I've not seen one for anywhere near the price of a fg one. Most I see are twice the price or more(though the PW one looks sweet).
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 7d Location: Perth Posted 10/05/20 02:08 AM Posted 10/05/20 02:08 AM Go ahead and do it. I did it to my 2007 Territory Turbo Ghia. Anyone telling you it's a $5k job is a tripper. You should find a 2nd hand unit for $300-$600. There's a little bit of work involved to fit the BA/BG TB on the FG manifold alternatively use the FG TB with a wiring adaptor. You'll need to use the FG fuel rail as well.
BeerTurbo Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 8y 5m 2d Posted 10/05/20 02:17 AM Posted 10/05/20 02:17 AM arent the re-manufactured new FG turbo intakes $650 on ebay? Ive bought them secondhand as cheap as $150 You need to knock up some fuel rail spacers to use the full length B series injector in the 3/4 height FG rail. or use the slightly larger FG turbo injectors - need a tune however. the f series to b series TB adapters are anywhere from $80 to $200 depending on who you buy from, you can get them to point other directions in a J pipe type deal too. I've purchased a b series to fg throttle body wiring loom adapter, I think that was around $100, but bear in mind you will need tune to use a fg throttle body. New gaskets and general parts another $150 or so. so conservatively your around a grand to DIY install FG intake, assuming you can make the connecting cold side intercooler piping also. my last falcon tune was around $800, but some places charged around 1200$ here ... so if you leave the fg injectors and fg Tb in, get a tune, your around 2k? I dont know whats a workshop would charge to change your intake, but surely its not 3k.
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 7d Location: Perth Posted 10/05/20 02:28 AM Posted 10/05/20 02:28 AM Not sure what the price of the intakes are, I paid $600 for mine off ebay. Agreed, you need spacers for the injectors or run the FG injectors. Good time to change over from the BA/BF intercooler setup for the FG style setup. Put it this way, I have the FG turbo setup in my 2013 SZ TS petrol Territory, the FG FMIC and piping fits like it was intended to do so from factory.
BA 311 New Member 1 Member For: 4y 4m 14d Posted 27/05/22 05:27 AM Posted 27/05/22 05:27 AM so will fg intercooler and piping and plenum fit on ba
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,123 Member For: 18y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/05/22 05:44 AM Posted 27/05/22 05:44 AM just read the posts in this thread... thermostat, fuel rail, throttle body etc you have to stuff about with to make it fit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now