• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
1 hour ago, tazzanz said:

At least we dont get demerits with speed camera fines :pandalol:

You guys allowed radar detectors.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

It's a grey area, Allowed to own but not too use I believe cops don't really care though. Iv'e been looking into investing in a good radar recently...

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

did not see any cars with radar detectors on windows, and did not see any highway patrol :/ 

didnt see any nice cars either except 1 rx7 and a few beat up xr6 n/a's. theres sooo many rangers etc there though.  

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

Yea the roadwork are shocking though, Every night in Auckland they close down virtually every farking motorway, Northern, southern, eastern, southwestern and the western for road work most infuriating sh*t. 

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

every night? fk that the roads were half closed during the day too, seriously dont know how you deal with using the motorways. having all the road works added so much time to my driving grrrr

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 5d
On 4/20/2018 at 3:43 PM, arronm said:

You guys allowed radar detectors.

Yep, detectors are legal, po po use KA band, pole mounted and MOBILE speed cameras use K band, X Band isnt used at all so with an STI or similar have only KA and Laser on to avoid falsing, I turn on K band only when travelling between cities, not around home base as such.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:51 PM, tazzanz said:

It's a grey area, Allowed to own but not too use I believe cops don't really care though. Iv'e been looking into investing in a good radar recently...

Go on trademe and pick up an STI for $350 odd, they're a good unit, get the amplified speaker too if you can to hear it over the radio etc and hardwire in. Don't leave it low on the screen with a curly cord advertising its presence when parked unattended as the thieving f--ks will have it quick as a flash and on sold on TM.