k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,111 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/03/18 02:06 AM Posted 23/03/18 02:06 AM where is it leaking, specifically?
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 23/03/18 02:19 AM Author Posted 23/03/18 02:19 AM (edited) Where it goes into the back of the pump. Steel line with the green oring. Was coated in RTV too and I actually thought it looked really good. I don't think there's really a way to fix it without removing the exhaust manifold... The one I was iffy about is perfectly fine of course although I wouldn't have cared as much if that had leaked because it would be an easy fix. Edited 23/03/18 02:21 AM by Lunchietey
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/03/18 02:27 AM Posted 23/03/18 02:27 AM BA/BF is different to FG line/pump so make sure you got the right assembly I piss off the green o ring for a typical black o ring, works without sealant 1
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 23/03/18 02:29 AM Author Posted 23/03/18 02:29 AM Definitely the right line, came off a BA. I'll just have to try again but this time fill the f**king thing with RTV! ?
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 23/03/18 03:40 AM Author Posted 23/03/18 03:40 AM My fault, oring had bound on pushing the pipe in and rolled over part of the lip. Now gotta go order another one. @JETURBO which black oring did you have success with? Do you remember where you bought it?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/03/18 03:42 AM Posted 23/03/18 03:42 AM 1 minute ago, Lunchietey said: black oring Howdy mate, I measured and took some photos of this a while back. I can't remember where they are but they are on here somewhere.
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 23/03/18 03:51 AM Author Posted 23/03/18 03:51 AM Found that thread, thank you! Now just to get an oring that size locally lol
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 23/03/18 04:50 AM Author Posted 23/03/18 04:50 AM Ok so new genuine ford oring. Will NOT go in without trying to roll back over the pipe. I am a plumber by trade and have fairly solid hand skills but this is pissing me off now.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/03/18 05:04 AM Posted 23/03/18 05:04 AM Lick it.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/03/18 05:14 AM Posted 23/03/18 05:14 AM Small amout silicon grease
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now