Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 20/03/18 11:07 AM Author Posted 20/03/18 11:07 AM Intake side finished(MAP and wiring, butterflies removed, oil feed installed, oil switch replaced, FPR, wiring for gauges in place and hose for boost gauge run into cabin) intercooler piping and installation finished, water lines and oil feed all done(intake side was a bitch) and last water hoses replaced, new wastegate (turbosmart IWG @5psi) finally arrived and fitted as per instructions. Ready for turbo bolt in tomorrow and connect all lines to it. Just still need to drill drain line. Once the drain is in, I'll drain the oil and flush as well as install the sandwich plate and sender's for oil temp/press. Not a lot left to do. Dropping the ecu off to Ralph for initial flash tomorrow too. Hopefully the postie drops the last few bits off!(waiting on one gauge, crossover vibration mounts etc, just little stuff) Woohoo! 2
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,117 Member For: 18y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/03/18 11:09 AM Posted 20/03/18 11:09 AM good progress, mate 1
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 20/03/18 11:33 AM Author Posted 20/03/18 11:33 AM Oh and replaced PCV and installed the check valve in the line, thanks @NA_TURBO 1
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 21/03/18 01:16 AM Posted 21/03/18 01:16 AM hey @Lunchietey, did you use a stock check valvue at the rear PCV port? Reason I am asking, is I still have not installed my damn catch can, cause I have no idea what piping and pcv check valve to get, before I install the catch can.
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 21/03/18 02:10 AM Author Posted 21/03/18 02:10 AM Yes I used a genuine ford check valve and installed it as per the pic further up. They had to order it and it was around $30 I think. A new PCV is only $9 or something.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/03/18 04:42 AM Posted 21/03/18 04:42 AM (edited) Depending on boost level. Stock one way valve may not be strong enough. I use an aftermarket one so my catch can doesn't get pressurised Edited 21/03/18 04:42 AM by arronm
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 21/03/18 06:48 AM Posted 21/03/18 06:48 AM (edited) @arronm what check valve do you use? Had the same thought RE pressure rating, also will be doing a bigger size line than factory when I get around to doing my catch can setup Edited 21/03/18 06:50 AM by camo86T
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 21/03/18 08:01 AM Author Posted 21/03/18 08:01 AM Being an NA block, boost levels won't be a problem
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 22/03/18 10:14 AM Author Posted 22/03/18 10:14 AM Almost done. A few little bits tomorrow and refill fluids after etc and pick the ECU up. 50% chance of starting her up tomorrow but may end up being Monday if I can't get everything 100%. Either way, exhaust won't be finished until next week. It's my Birthday Saturday so Sunday I won't be moving a whole lot haha 1
Lunchietey Member 84 Member For: 16y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 23/03/18 01:58 AM Author Posted 23/03/18 01:58 AM (edited) Well the f**king steel line into the water pump leaks. Gotta unbolt a heap of crap to fix ? Edited 23/03/18 01:59 AM by Lunchietey
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now