EF-MattyB Member 30 Member For: 14y 16d Posted 13/08/13 09:10 PM Posted 13/08/13 09:10 PM (edited) Hey guys,Been through this thread a few times now but just wanted to ask first and double check.I have a 2010 Fg XR6 Turbo UTE. I am looking at a set of Rota Grids in the following size/offsets:- Front - 19x9 +20 (245-35-19 ATR's)- Rear - 19x10 +10 (275-30-19 ATR's) This is the one I am worried about!!!Will these fit without any guard work?The car is stock height at the moment but I will be lowering slightly in the future....maybe SSL front and lowering blocks/reset rear.There are also some others on there (8.5 and 9.5) that I can get custom made to the offsets I want. Im guessing this might be my best bet???Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I dont want to hit buy and them not fit within the guards!!!!Cheers Matt Edited 13/08/13 09:13 PM by EF-MattyB
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 14/08/13 12:47 AM Posted 14/08/13 12:47 AM They will juuuuust fit. So close its not funny, but it would be better to play it safer. Varstoen 10.5 +35 will do the job.
EF-MattyB Member 30 Member For: 14y 16d Posted 14/08/13 10:17 PM Posted 14/08/13 10:17 PM Got in contact with ROTA directly and had the following response:Yes they’d be absolutely fine – our most common fitment for FG ute is 9.5 +20 front and 10.5 +15 rear!We can supply this fitment from AU stock in the GRID style 19x9.5 +20 / 19x10.5 +15.Just to double check, if a +10 was pushing it, a +15 should be ok?If so I will be purchasing these next week.Also, ideal tyre sizes will be 245-35 Front and 275-30 rears? Note I will most probably be using ATR as I have had these before and rate them.Cheers Matt
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 14/08/13 10:57 PM Posted 14/08/13 10:57 PM Yes those offsets on a ute will work...+15 will look mint on a FG ute
JordanByrneJ07 Member 62 Member For: 13y 10m Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 15/08/13 10:44 PM Posted 15/08/13 10:44 PM I got 19x10.5 +12 on the rear of my ute, and I had to do some rolling/pumping. id say +15 should sit nice!
EF-MattyB Member 30 Member For: 14y 16d Posted 16/08/13 08:43 PM Posted 16/08/13 08:43 PM I got 19x10.5 +12 on the rear of my ute, and I had to do some rolling/pumping. id say +15 should sit nice!Oh.....I really didnt want to have to touch the guards at all. Looks like I should hit him up for a safer offset. Maybe a +20 or +25 in a 10.5"?
Alion Member 27 Member For: 18y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Figtree, Wollongong, NSW, 2525 Posted 17/08/13 12:37 PM Posted 17/08/13 12:37 PM Hey Guys,I know this question would of been asked here and I have spent time going through it, but it can be hard to find the best answer. Have an 09 G6ET and would like to go with 19's just for there grip over 20's (I know there wont be much extra). I still wont rule out 20's if it gets me 20mm extra in the rearSo the wants.I don't need the deep dish from small offsets but rather the tires fit perfect no rub.19' or 20'Fronts 245/255Largest rears possible I have seen 305 but I was thinking for good fitment 275 or a size larger? (car is getting high end diff bushes and looking into a locker)I just need the offsets and the tire sizes that they are able to run please!(sorry to ask a question I know there is an answer somewhere on here)
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 18/08/13 01:59 AM Posted 18/08/13 01:59 AM Only point going 19's over 20's is if you're going to run a higher profile. So 275/35/19 over 275/30/20. You will get more grip that way.On the front you can go between +30 and +35 in an 8.5" wide wheel safely with a 245 and most likely a 255. Even in 20'sAs for the rear if you want 10" wide +40, if 9.5 then you can still go +40 but can go between +35 and +40 and still fit comfortably.Also you'll get more grip out of a 275/35 than a 305/25 1
naddis01 Member 49 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Posted 18/08/13 01:04 PM Posted 18/08/13 01:04 PM (edited) Also you'll get more grip out of a 275/35 than a 305/25Can you please explain why that would be the case? I assume because the diametre is much smaller than the 275.Edit: Why would you go a 305/25? Is that what people run when they got 305's? Wouldn't 305/30 be better? Edited 18/08/13 01:11 PM by naddis01
JordanByrneJ07 Member 62 Member For: 13y 10m Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 18/08/13 10:35 PM Posted 18/08/13 10:35 PM Oh.....I really didnt want to have to touch the guards at all. Looks like I should hit him up for a safer offset. Maybe a +20 or +25 in a 10.5"?I would say +15 would be enough clearance,My ute is pretty slammed - just depends on how low you are?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now