towsw001 Member 67 Member For: 14y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/07/13 06:05 AM Posted 04/07/13 06:05 AM Fark those wheels look good. If +40 with 20x10s only just need the guards rolled on the rear then 8.5s will be fine. However he has +20s on the front, anyone confirm that +40s front and back will be fine?Sorry for probably a repeated post. I will source the forum a bit more now...Samokay spoke to a couple of wheel shopsConsensus ive come to is to run 20x8.5 + 40 all around with 245/35/20. Rear should be fine especially with 8.5. The front will be very close the rubbing on the inside. This may be reduced by running a 30mm profile tyre rather than a 35mm or by using a spacer (5mm max reccommended). Could go a +20 on the front however guards will probably need rollled. Unfortunately the wheels I want only come in a +20 or +40. Does this sound about right? Anyone run a 35mm profile with a +40 offset on the front?Still searching this dreaded thread...
FIXR7 Member 116 Member For: 16y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/07/13 07:36 AM Posted 04/07/13 07:36 AM I assume you mean "%" when you say "mm" for the profile? Are you not going to use at least a 9.5" for the rear?
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Gender: Male Posted 04/07/13 08:08 AM Posted 04/07/13 08:08 AM + 40 front will sit way to much inside the gaurd.. Go for between +25 to +35 for front.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 04/07/13 08:19 AM Posted 04/07/13 08:19 AM Go the +20. Can run a 245 easy. +20 all round.
fr33r Legacy Donating Member 92 Member For: 14y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Riverina NSW Posted 04/07/13 11:34 AM Posted 04/07/13 11:34 AM + 40 front will sit way to much inside the gaurd.. Go for between +25 to +35 for front.Go the +20. Can run a 245 easy.+20 all round.^^^ this and this.+40 will be too close on the inside.this is a pic of 245 slightly stretched on 20x9 +32.20x8.5 +40 will be closer than this...
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 04/07/13 12:19 PM Posted 04/07/13 12:19 PM I have 20x8.5 +42 and run a 245/35 but I have a 5mm spacer. Cars apart so ill try for the wheel with spacer off n see whether a +40 would work but highly doubt it. 245/35 will.As for +20 you can't run a 245/35 if you go too low. Max ssl up front.I would go +40 all round with 5mm spacer up front if you want to be safeOr +20 all round if you go ssl/sssl and roll rears 1
mummba Member 525 Member For: 16y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 04/07/13 12:22 PM Posted 04/07/13 12:22 PM I have 20x8.5 +42 and run a 245/35 but I have a 5mm spacer. Cars apart so ill try for the wheel with spacer off n see whether a +40 would work but highly doubt it. 245/35 will.As for +20 you can't run a 245/35 if you go too low. Max ssl up front.I would go +40 all round with 5mm spacer up front if you want to be safeOr +20 all round if you go ssl/sssl and roll rearsthat hight 8.5+20 will fit without rolling/flaring
towsw001 Member 67 Member For: 14y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/07/13 02:40 PM Posted 04/07/13 02:40 PM Thanks for your help guys. The rims I want only come in the +20 and +40 I believe. The wheel shops ive called have seemed to think the +40 is the better option as the +20 will hit the guard especially if I want to lower it. I think that's what they said. So might go for the +40 on front with a spacer and see how we go. Bellato if you run a +42 with a 5mm spacer then mine should be fine. Does yours scrape or hit anything at all? Thanks again guysI assume you mean "%" when you say "mm" for the profile? Are you not going to use at least a 9.5" for the rear?Yep %, brain has been fried with all this talkGo the +20. Can run a 245 easy.+20 all round.^^^ this and this.+40 will be too close on the inside.this is a pic of 245 slightly stretched on 20x9 +32.20x8.5 +40 will be closer than this...IMAG0112.jpgI have 20x8.5 +42 and run a 245/35 but I have a 5mm spacer. Cars apart so ill try for the wheel with spacer off n see whether a +40 would work but highly doubt it. 245/35 will.As for +20 you can't run a 245/35 if you go too low. Max ssl up front.I would go +40 all round with 5mm spacer up front if you want to be safeOr +20 all round if you go ssl/sssl and roll rearsthat hight 8.5+20 will fit without rolling/flaring
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 04/07/13 09:11 PM Posted 04/07/13 09:11 PM No rubbing but it's essentially +37 now. As said with the front you'll have no problems with a +20 if you don't go lower than ssl springs up front, of you go sssl or coilovers then it will rub so you can either go down to a 30 profile or choose the +40 offsetYou sure mummba about not needing a roll? If 20x10 +40 needs a roll then 20x8.5+20 will sit about the same (actually 1.25mm further out). I think +20 will work on the rear if you go ssl or sssl with a roll.The other option is plenty of low, bit of camber and you'll be sweet lol 1
towsw001 Member 67 Member For: 14y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/07/13 12:19 AM Posted 05/07/13 12:19 AM No rubbing but it's essentially +37 now. As said with the front you'll have no problems with a +20 if you don't go lower than ssl springs up front, of you go sssl or coilovers then it will rub so you can either go down to a 30 profile or choose the +40 offsetYou sure mummba about not needing a roll? If 20x10 +40 needs a roll then 20x8.5+20 will sit about the same (actually 1.25mm further out). I think +20 will work on the rear if you go ssl or sssl with a roll.The other option is plenty of low, bit of camber and you'll be sweet lolThanks mate appreciate it. I will ask TSW a bit more and see what they think. I hope they arent just trying to make a sale and once its shipped down to me its my problem
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now