Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 11y 5m 13d

Ok guys finally parted with the coin for some wheels. There staggered 20 inch 8.5" fronts are 10" rears but all this offset stuff is confusing and just wen I think iv got it someone says something like lip/ dish has different offsets to flat face.

So my fronts are +35 and rears are +38. (Concave ).Questions are what tyres should I run on these for sedan that will be getting lowered but not sure how far till there on and can check clearance. Also should I space out the front for a bit more flush as I think if I understand that 35 is in a fair way. Anyone with a pic of these offsets and what tyres suspension and spacers if any?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 26d

9.5 + 22 sits flush with gaurd I beliv at the front, not ure about fitting 325s without rolling rears, would be fat as but. a 10.5+12 sits fairly flush at the back, with stretched tyres (265) and roll they fit easy

My FG sedan has 18 X 9.5 +22 all round with the circuit SSR Type C wheels and track Z214 275/35 18 rubber. Front needed guard roll and 3.5 neg camber to be safe. Rears were fine with 2 deg neg camber and a guard roll but my car is very low.

You will need serious low for an 18 to scrub. More low than anyone here will be game to run.

My rears scrubbed with 285/30 18 with +35 offset. One side only. Diff cradle was out. Camber under 1 deg neg.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m

I was referring to stretched tyres.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 11d

Sexy F6 there, very nice!

So before I pay for my order, tirerack looks the best actually...

but yeah got quoted on this

Enkei PF01

18x8.5+30 with 255/40 Michelin PSS

18x9.5+35 with 275:35

checked the circumferences and they're all pretty close and from the sounds of everything else they shouldn't have any clearance issues.

so bit of an update, had these sitting in my garage now for a bit over a week and just had then fitted late this afternoon, to say I'm wrapped is an understatement! I love them.

They look better on, was a little worried at first as the big sidewall on the front was strange when looking at them in the garage but it blends in nicely once on. Ill have to take some better pics but in person I'm loving them

Haven't really had a chance to notice if they feel much lighter as I left the tyre shop with my stock wheels in the car so felt pretty heavy still but weight wise I weighed everything and it an ~18.5kg weight saving over the stock rims (inc tyres). That is pretty epic if you ask me!! Will report back once I get a proper drive out of them and see how much I notice the unsprung weight saving.

post-44009-137396684962_thumb.jpgpost-44009-137396689382_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok guys hopefully some pictures will ignite answers. They arrived today and tyres go on tomorrow.

Questions are 20" . 8.5" fronts +35 0FFSET. Should I run a 10mm spacer and will I need longer threads to do so?

Rears are 10" wide +38 0ffset will have 275/35. How much low can I get overall and will the guards need rolling, neg camber etc

Ok guys hopefully some pictures will ignite answers. They arrived today and tyres go on tomorrow.

Questions are 20" . 8.5" fronts +35 0FFSET. Should I run a 10mm spacer and will I need longer threads to do so?

Rears are 10" wide +38 0ffset will have 275/35. How much low can I get overall and will the guards need rolling, neg camber etc