Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 19/08/13 12:54 AM Posted 19/08/13 12:54 AM 10.5+35 doesn't leave a lot of room without rolling. +15 would be headaches.
JordanByrneJ07 Member 62 Member For: 13y 10m Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 19/08/13 06:00 AM Posted 19/08/13 06:00 AM I do also have a decent amount of stretch. if you're going 255 or 275 you may want even more room.
naddis01 Member 49 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Posted 23/08/13 10:51 AM Posted 23/08/13 10:51 AM Quick question...285/30/19 on 19x9.5 +42 on the rear of an FG sedan, yay or nay with no guard/suspension work?
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 24/08/13 07:44 AM Posted 24/08/13 07:44 AM Yea should fit no worries. Just depends on brand of tyre. Also I would probably go 285/35 as you can in 19, just make sure you run a 245/40 up front to match rolling diameter
naddis01 Member 49 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Posted 24/08/13 10:53 PM Posted 24/08/13 10:53 PM I am trying to match the diameter of my fronts (245/35/19) more closely. I am currently running 275/35/19 Nitto's on the rear. What is it more likely to hit? Inner or outer?
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 24/08/13 11:05 PM Posted 24/08/13 11:05 PM You'll get more grip out of a 275/35 than a 285/30. The sidewall has more of a role than that extra 10mm of rubber on the roadI'd say you'll be getting pretty close to the control blade on the inside with the 285 aswell. But if anything it'll only be the tyre rubbing on corners etc so wouldn't be too worried.
naddis01 Member 49 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Posted 25/08/13 09:18 AM Posted 25/08/13 09:18 AM (edited) Thanks for the replies. I will have to check how much room I have. I am not overly fussed on minor differences in grip as it is my wife's daily so it has plenty of grip 99% of the time. I am more trying to match tyre diameters as it has thrown a DSC fault which I put down to the tyre sizes. Edited 25/08/13 09:25 AM by naddis01
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 11d Posted 25/08/13 09:55 AM Posted 25/08/13 09:55 AM Have alook at this website it will show you tire size etc and difference in Overall diameter etc http://www.topcarguide.com/calculators
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 28/08/13 01:20 AM Posted 28/08/13 01:20 AM Does anyone know how heavy factory 19" XR Ford wheels are?Just trying to gauge what would be considered a heavy wheel and if the wheels I am looking at are a lot heavier then factory wheels.The wheels I am looking at are as following:- 19x8.5 with a +15 offset are 12.7kg before drilling and machining.- 19x9.5 with a +15 offset are 13.5kg before drilling and machining.Drilling and machining would remove maybe 0.2-0.3kg at most so nothing considerable.Cheers 1
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Gender: Male Posted 28/08/13 11:50 AM Posted 28/08/13 11:50 AM I think my stock 18 snow flakes with rubber were about 25kgs each, with my lightweight enkeis and new rubber they're 20.7. Sorry prob not helpful but yeah might be lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now