BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 10d Posted 29/09/16 05:05 AM Posted 29/09/16 05:05 AM righto
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/09/16 06:15 AM Posted 29/09/16 06:15 AM Don't take this the wrong way but if you only want 200rwkw then what are you doing? 5
utelife New Member 7 Member For: 9y 11m 30d Gender: Male Posted 30/09/16 01:44 AM Author Posted 30/09/16 01:44 AM Honestly the more power the better. 250rwkw would be awesome but I was just stating that I'm not looking for insane power just looking to make my car even more enjoyable than it is. I've already bought parts so it's too late to turn around now.
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m Gender: Not Telling Posted 30/09/16 02:00 AM Posted 30/09/16 02:00 AM If it's too late to turn around now, then your next part needs to be a suitable engine. cause as I see it, it'll drive like a dog and deep down you won't be happy when a standard SS chops you during a classic aussie traffic light drag.
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 9d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 30/09/16 05:44 AM Posted 30/09/16 05:44 AM Off boost power will be better. Tune it on e85 and have fun. If the motor pops just get another from the wreckers rinse and repeat. 1
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 12y 11m 29d Posted 30/09/16 07:50 AM Posted 30/09/16 07:50 AM Stock motor ex taxi. 15psi boost. $200 N/A motor> $3000 turbo motor. It even rocks a China turbo and a cast plenum that everyone on here was laughing at saying how it won't work lol. 3
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 30/09/16 08:22 AM Posted 30/09/16 08:22 AM Eff I dunno if it's just me, but from reading your posts on here I am always intrigued at how you seem to make sh*t hold together without blowing big coin. I mean for sh*tsake 129mph, 400rwkw or the general vicinity? With an AU BTR in it. Or are you constantly making trips to the scrap you don't talk about... 2
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 12y 11m 29d Posted 30/09/16 09:12 AM Posted 30/09/16 09:12 AM Lol if you's blokes seen my car and how much it gets the living sh*t belted out of it you'd be even more suprised haha. Now my car will break at powercruise next week after saying this aha.That car isn't mine it's a guy I've followed on the forums for a few years he has proven his budget turbo kits very well. One of the cars I tuned rocks a turbo kit from him and made 360kw on a stock 300000km eb falcon with valve springs, cam and head gasket. Cost the guy 5k to build it and still goes strong now.I only spend big dollars on the parts needed to hold it together. I've broken a fair amount of sh*t moslty from abusing it when it shouldn't have been. I've tried and tested alot of sh*t that people say doesn't work just to work out if they are right or not, usually they aren't haha. 5
utelife New Member 7 Member For: 9y 11m 30d Gender: Male Posted 02/10/16 12:14 AM Author Posted 02/10/16 12:14 AM Instead of arguing just please provide me with the information I'm asking for lol let me worry about the engine if it blows up 1
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/10/16 02:02 AM Posted 02/10/16 02:02 AM Ok I've been avoiding this topic due to its replies.Over east, Paul & the guys @ Northmead Auto Centre have had a FG XR6 they put a $400 wrecker FG NA engine in, added a Precision PT6870, and e85 I think ... it was pushing 500Kw+ for about 30,000km of bulk skids and powercruise / powerplay events.They can be considered timebombs, but for the price, hard to beat, just the (regular turbo stock) extras can add up (turbo, manifolds, injectors) if you don't have it already (which is why the turbo engine complete can be better pricing) ... but if you have the other stuff then it's cheap as.There's a saying I heard a while ago, smashing stock engines is ok, but it's a slippery slope to poverty if you start going through built engines
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now