MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 23/05/16 12:56 AM Posted 23/05/16 12:56 AM How hard can it be right? I'm planning to build an engine with a few friends. Some are ex mechanics, some are just like me and love our cars This will essentially just be a thread where I dump a while heap of pics and thoughts about the build. I'll start with what parts I've already got going for me and try to price it up so everyone knows the cost So far I have an fg NA rotating assembly which I bought for 100 dollars from a bloke in Canberra and high comp mahle pistons to suit factory BA lpg compression, these also came with rings and cost 200 Next to get is rods and an oil pump gears 3
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,123 Member For: 18y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/05/16 01:02 AM Posted 23/05/16 01:02 AM does this need a new topic? surely this one is enough? -> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/86855-g6et-finished-for-now/
unmarkedf6 Member 50 Member For: 13y 7m 17d Gender: Female Location: The locker room, toweling down Posted 23/05/16 01:10 AM Posted 23/05/16 01:10 AM Gee that guy in Canberra must have been a top bloke
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 23d Posted 23/05/16 01:15 AM Posted 23/05/16 01:15 AM Ill supply beers and smart arse remarks? Hoping this goes well for you matty! Andvme later on lol
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 13d Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/05/16 01:34 AM Posted 23/05/16 01:34 AM (edited) I like this idea, much cheaper than paying somebody to do it all for you. hope it goes well and no pressure, but don't f*ck it up. 4 minutes ago, barnz said: adhamsterator k31th, surely you can't let him get away with spelling adminihamster wrong? Edited 23/05/16 01:35 AM by johnxr6t 1
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 23d Posted 23/05/16 01:39 AM Posted 23/05/16 01:39 AM P.S matty u should buy 2 sets of rods an pistons and sell met the second lot lol.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/05/16 01:39 AM Posted 23/05/16 01:39 AM Matty drives trains, I like trains. Also happy to help with info where I can. 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,123 Member For: 18y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/05/16 01:48 AM Posted 23/05/16 01:48 AM This thread can stay unless Matty chooses otherwise. 1
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 20d Posted 23/05/16 02:22 AM Posted 23/05/16 02:22 AM Built any engines before? I built my own engine but I had built a few bike, jet ski, Quad engines before. What I learnt is with cars you have to choose your own tolerances for alot more things. . Ring gap for example was a learning curve having to choose the gap based on boost you want to run. . Next tip is to get a Gregory manual. Mine outlined tolerances for everything. Main bearings, big ends, crank float etc. At least gives you a start point. 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 23/05/16 03:29 AM Author Posted 23/05/16 03:29 AM Ah cheers for the interest guys And my thread is about the car I don't want to bog it down with engine ramblings so here is a nice place I'll put up plenty of pics that'll bore people (see what I did there) Ralphy and gaz no doubt ill be calling on your help at some point Atm just gathering parts together Next things on the list to get is spool rods, oil pump gears and possibly a main cap girdle if I'm feeling crazy enough Very excited to have higher comp with e85 And I like trains too
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now