IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 06/07/16 04:00 AM Posted 06/07/16 04:00 AM Stay away from fiberglass bonnets!! Personally I don't even think a vent is needed. Mine was fine thermal coated and wrapped. I wouldn't bother with a shield or venting. A small vent won't hurt though! 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 06/07/16 04:19 AM Posted 06/07/16 04:19 AM Factory bonnet has speed holes 1
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 12d Posted 06/07/16 04:24 AM Posted 06/07/16 04:24 AM (edited) Im sure someone out there can do it with the factory xr8 bonnet? Couldnt be to hard? Grinder, rivet gun and away u go lol Edited 06/07/16 04:26 AM by BAXRTUTE
OZYWALKER XR50T Legacy Donating Member 2,795 Member For: 13y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Western Sydney Posted 06/07/16 04:29 AM Author Posted 06/07/16 04:29 AM That custom boss bonnet does look great but there's no way I'm getting a new bonnet. I'd think decent venting like Matt's silly car would get rid of a lot more than 15% of the engine bay heat. Anyway I've ordered some rivet on vents so I'll find out how well they work when they arrive. 1
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 12d Posted 06/07/16 04:32 AM Posted 06/07/16 04:32 AM No way he says, 3 months on, so ive ordered.... hahaha
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/07/16 04:54 AM Posted 06/07/16 04:54 AM 26 minutes ago, OZYWALKER said: That custom boss bonnet does look great but there's no way I'm getting a new bonnet. I'd think decent venting like Matt's silly car would get rid of a lot more than 15% of the engine bay heat. Anyway I've ordered some rivet on vents so I'll find out how well they work when they arrive. There's an old thread somewhere, where a dude banged a couple of Renault(?) vents in the bonnet of an F6. Looked quite good. 2
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/07/16 05:15 AM Posted 06/07/16 05:15 AM Jim over on AFF put some Jaguar "Superchagred" vents in his GT bonnet, which I reckon look alright. Also, my old XR50T had XB GT vents.
BAXRTUTE Legacy Donating Member 2,639 Member For: 10y 5m 12d Posted 06/07/16 05:32 AM Posted 06/07/16 05:32 AM 15 minutes ago, .Stripes. said: Jim over on AFF put some Jaguar "Superchagred" vents in his GT bonnet, which I reckon look alright. Also, my old XR50T had XB GT vents. Xr50 look nice! The f6 needs to change the front end color or the side
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/07/16 05:38 AM Posted 06/07/16 05:38 AM (edited) Not an F6...it's actually probably the most highly modified modern GT you'll find. That's a BLACK edition front bar on it (which was never actually released on a production vehicle). It also runs wider front wheels and tyres than most people on here manage to fit on the rear of their falcons. Edited 06/07/16 05:39 AM by .Stripes. 1
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/07/16 06:12 AM Posted 06/07/16 06:12 AM From memory that's actually THE black edition front bar that got heated and massaged to fit those pumped guards. IIRC a mould was made but it was never reproduced in the interest of originality and not flooding the market. That car should be called blasphemy not finnigans 57 chev/hemi. The fact its such a wrong thing to do to a GT and so extensively modified in a somewhat subtle way is why I love it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now