Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

Do fuel pumps have pressure ratings? I know yours can flow 300lph but does it have a pressure rating when acting against restriction? (If you know what I mean!)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

300rwkw on E85 for forced induction motors...I am the only one that doesn't see the point in that? That's essentially stock car power levels on E85...

Can two of them be used like with your twin 1000hp setup?

I dont know of any of our cars running under 300rwkw on E85.

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hence I said "stock power levels" which are normally around 245rwkw on 98 for an FG XR6T...so on E85 with a slight tickle and no mods I reckon 300rwkw wouldn't be far off...

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Do fuel pumps have pressure ratings? I know yours can flow 300lph but does it have a pressure rating when acting against restriction? (If you know what I mean!)

I'm sure KPM will correct me if i'm wrong but generally pumps are rated at 3 bar so if running @ 4bar (as per our cars) the flow rate will be reduced.

Complete thumb suck here but i'd estimate if these pumps are rated at the 3bar @ 300lphr they would be in the 240/250 range @ 4bar, however if they are rated @ 4bar and 300lph two of these pumps would be the bargain of the century!

I get the impression out and out horsepower is not the ultimate goal with these pump, more guaranteed reliability on E85,

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 2 Dunorlan Road Edwardstown S.A. 08 82999998
Posted (edited)

Correct.

The pumps are rated @ 3 bar.

They flow virtually the same as the Bosch Motorsport pumps that are rated for 500 Hrs Ethanol use only.

No noise, smaller and same flow with 10,000 hr rating.

We have released this pump to also give a reliable E85/Petrol alternative to the 265 and 300 lph pumps on the market.

Our Streetfighter 1000hP Set up now utilises 2 of these pumps.

They can also be used in your standard fuel module.

Edited by KPM Motorsport
  • Like 2
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Ok, that answers my question. Thanks Dave, sounds like a decent option for those not wanting a surge setup!

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

They look like intank pumps to me.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Nah its th new inside outside pumps

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...