Intank Pump Upgrade

• Member For: 12y 3m

Righto. Thought it was time I upgraded the intank pump in my fuel system. Currently have a PW twin 460 surge that is more than capable on p98.

On e85 I question the ability of the stock intank pump to keep the surge full under WOT.

Looking at getting a Walbro pump put in the standard intank pot. Question is size?

I've been told the 400lph pump requires some modifying of the standard pot to fit, whereas the 255lph and 300lph will slip straight in. Any advice would be sooper dooper.

5e6e6yma.jpg

(Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but the search function isn't working with tapatalk)

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

A walbro 255ltt per hr is more than enough to keep a surge full on e85 even with twin o44's for a substantial amount of WOT time

• Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 9d

255 is plenty, if I had to do it again I would try a SARD one, relo has one in his liberty and its very very quiet.

Most use the walbro, he opted for a SARD and couldn't be happier.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 13d

I have an FG ute and will be shortly doing some mods, one being Walbro 460 in tank pump assembly from ebay

I assumed bigger was better though no plans to go any higher than say 400rwkw on e85

According to the listing this setup will drop straight in place of the stock pump assembly, anyone able to advise whether or not this is the case?

I can't paste the link for some reason

• Member For: 12y 3m

I rang the bloke that sells them last week and he reckons they just drop in and that's it. Ideally that's what I'd want to use but it's a bit overkill for what I'd need. I'll just go the cheaper option 255

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 13d

I would've thought you definitely need a tune?

Though I'll be babying my ute the 30odd km to CMS with different turbo (3582), cooler (PW stage 1) and the Walbro... according to him it'll be ok as long as I stay off boost...!!

I did ask the question about the reg and the reply was "see how we go"

Elsewhere on this forum upgrading reg when upsizing the pump seems to be a definite must, but I have every faith in CMS!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 7m 6d

Walbro 460 goes right in , no tune needed and standard reg . Although I did go tune right after due to injectors

The 460 goes into factory holder with a few slight mods