Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

Just take the R/C cover off. Its so easy and quick. Due to the damage not being on every lobe it will be easy to miss.

Edited by arronm
  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Has anyone tried inspecting the cams with a usb drain/snake camera instead of removing the rocker cover?

I ask as I don't have the spine to do these jobs anymore (and I hate paying cnts) so was thinking of throwing the camera in there for a quick look!

Ha Ha, that's gettin pretty lazy.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

It is lazy but as I said my back is f*cked so was hoping this alternate method would work!

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

There is a bit of time that Arron needs to put into the donor cams so I'm sure he'll get them done as soon as he can. Given several examples have presented now all showing inconsistent pitting on random lobes, it's becoming clearer that a manufacturing issue has caused this fault. My money is that's exactly what he'll prove.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Ive got a 08 f6 with 150k on it and full service history with ford. Will pull rocker off this weekend and be checking this out. Got me worried now. I wonder how you would go with ford even though its way out of warranty if they know there is a problem with them.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted (edited)

Take some photos for us regardless 20pounds :spoton:

Edited by bjc
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

bomber, post those pics I sent you if you want.

20pounds, apparently ford are not to interested in them according to a guy at my local dealer

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

I'll see if I can find them Mick.

  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

mick Pic

This (correct me Mick) was on a 2010 F6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...