Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • New Member
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North perth
Posted

Hey lads, new member from perth wa, only been on a couple of months now following these forums and already learning a lot, seeing I am an absolute rook when it comes to turbos!

Just picked up my 2010 G6ET 50th in ego, got it shipped over from sa!

It's running stock at the minute apart from 275's on the rears! Am planning to mod to around 300-320rwkw

Planning on heading into monsta torque tomorow for a chat with the boys to get a plan under way! Just thinking a stage 1 tune atm, coz I have the cash sitting there, then going from there hopefully round tax time! Any ideas and advice would be very much appreciated, especially those of you from perth, with good places to go ect! That'll do for now I think, cheers

Few quick pics.

post-76680-0-75335100-1392700926_thumb.j

post-76680-0-63258800-1392700955_thumb.j

post-76680-0-06394800-1392700982_thumb.j

post-76680-0-82207400-1392701008_thumb.j

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 1m 20d
Posted

Hey mate, I'm getting stage 1 tune plus injectors and cat from mt on Saturday. I'm not quite sure what gains I can expect, but I'll be sure to post the results on here. I can say that robs a very professional and polite guy to deal with.

  • Like 2
  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted

Welcome to the forums and enjoy. Looking at the pics, looks like you up Clarkson way. I got my car from Clarkson ford. Only place that had Manuals at the time.

You are going to the right place, by going to MT. Also don't rule XFT out of the equation either. Have a word to both of them that way you can make an informed decision.

Also I would suggest doing as much to it as possible in one go and save your money. I thought I would be happy with 300-330RWKW. I was so wrong. I just want more and more.

If you can afford it, go all out and get some decent gear. As Ralph Wiggum has said before, the fun figures are between 350-400RWKW.

After that, sh*t starts to break.

  • I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia
Posted

Hey Jordan, welcome mate

Do me a favour when you get a chance please.........have a look at the 'Paint Code' and let me know if it says EG or ED.

Reason I ask is that mine is ED (Edge) but gggggggggggggggggggssssssssss your paint looks exactly the same as mine in your pics

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 10m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Interesting yours grills are black on a stocker. You do that or has it been smashed..OR am I just trippin.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cherrybrook
Posted

I think the 50th anniversery G6ET's have black grills from standard

  • New Member
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North perth
Posted (edited)

Cheers for the replays boys, um Toby, how much extra was the cat ontop of the stage 1 if you dnt mind me asking?

To Masada, yeh all the ppl of spoken to said mt and xft are the two to hit up in perth, I've only been steered toward MT , due to the fellas there being really easy and helpful to speak to ( not that there not at XFT) just what I've heard! I will be getting quotes from the both! I'm all the way up in two rocks haha.

Bendoco, paint code is EG mate, and barns, what wombat says, the 50ths come with smoked or gunmetal grey grills and foglamp covers! Looks good, in no rush to go get em sprayed now!

post-76680-0-13793400-1392713910_thumb.j

post-76680-0-96139200-1392713928_thumb.j

Edited by Jordang6
  • New Member
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North perth
Posted

^^^^^^^bit hard to see, try get better ones in good light soon!

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

Hey mate nice ride there

Welcome to the luxury express crew

As I've said before it's best to try and "future proof" your mods

I went this route on everything bar my first aftermarket intercooler

That mistake alone cost me about 1 grand to fix

If you've got any questions about my build and plans to hesitate to PM me

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...