Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 25d
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Who needs the small GTX :threadjacked:

10402052_10152794812782394_9615779006893

this is the type of posts I've been wanting to see, everyone keeps saying "oh it matches the stock turbo" but never have overlaid dyno graph to prove it
  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hills District, NSW
Posted

For comparison, my 6235 hits full boost around 3000rpm and made 404rwkw at 17psi on Spiro's dyno.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

The BW 8374 is the absolute best in its class..

going up a level the 9180 would be a very hard to beat setup as opposed to the GTX4088..

class leader at the moment but dear which unfortunately puts its further $$ wise past the GTX or the PT6235..

its in the same boat as the hta3582-86 which are the business but not a full bolt on turbo for the barra :/

  • Like 2
  • The Toxic Rocket
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 5m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

Hey Ratter those two graphs are slightly different, are the two print outs to the same scale?

ahh never mind, that 6235 car has cams etc not really a fair comparison

Edited by Trent0
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hills District, NSW
Posted

Ratter, would be great to see graphs of the GTX3576 and GTX3582 if you have them.

I must say I dont buy into the slight lag of a bigger turbo gets you better traction. Going from the maxed out little turbo to the 6235 just means I break traction about 400rpm later.

If I was starting from scratch would probably go the BW with what I know now. But if you have allready done dump pipe/intercooler/intake etc the GTX3576/82 or PTE6235 makes more sense.

They are all great turbos, I cant remember the last time I heard anyone complaining about any of them, Oh, except the mta....

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

We're getting spoilt for choice. Certainly Nizpro and now Mick has shown the BW's potential. They're known to be reliable also.

Totally agree though, they're far from plug ins. Other than maybe Nizpro, nobody would have jigged a dump yet. Given the market, it would be extremely unlikely companies like xforce would tool up and produce dumps specifically for them so that's a custom fab, every time. I don't believe the inlet marries up either and the power steer res has a clearance issue. So you'd need to look at all of that and cost it out. Personally, I think the extra $$$ would be hard to justify given what other options are around that plug straight in with off the shelf parts available.

  • Like 1
  • The Toxic Rocket
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 5m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

different scaling? which scaling?

The scale of the 2 different sheets/graphs.

That precision looks like it comes on better and sooner in the midrange

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...