D DUB Member 56 Member For: 13y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: central coast NSW Posted 29/08/13 10:34 AM Posted 29/08/13 10:34 AM Mate if the buyer does a revs/ pssr check, it'll call for an engine number. If you don't have one it might turn them off. If they don't do a check, well, buyer beware ;-)
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 13d Posted 29/08/13 10:35 AM Posted 29/08/13 10:35 AM Yes you do need an engine number to sell a car as when doing the road worthy they check the engine number against the rego if it was me I wouldn't stamp the old number and give the old engine to the new owner
WILD_XR Member 51 Member For: 16y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Rhodes, Sydney. Posted 29/08/13 10:38 AM Author Posted 29/08/13 10:38 AM Ye thanks guys. Just thought I'd ask. I'm not familiar with any of this.Not out to screw anybody.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/08/13 11:13 AM Posted 29/08/13 11:13 AM where is the old engine? If you can prove it has been destroyed I would restamp the original engine number and provide the buyer with a copy of the receipt for purchase of the new unnumbered engine 1
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 29/08/13 11:46 AM Posted 29/08/13 11:46 AM maybe tri calling ford and see what they say? as after all you got it from there and I thorght there suppposed to stamp it when they sell it?
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 20d Gender: Male Posted 29/08/13 12:01 PM Posted 29/08/13 12:01 PM I got told to visit a blue slip station with proof of purchase and $50 to have the new motor stamped. This is in Nsw as well!!! Seeing as you bought a new block you should have receipts I would assume?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/08/13 10:23 AM Posted 30/08/13 10:23 AM maybe tri calling ford and see what they say? as after all you got it from there and I thorght there suppposed to stamp it when they sell it?Its not the selling dealer/parts department's job to stamp the new engine number in, it is the installing mechanic's job.Unfortunately ive seen this many times. Lazy mechanics just keen to finish the job and get to the next one...
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 30/08/13 11:06 AM Posted 30/08/13 11:06 AM ahh, I see.....yeah some mechanics are lazy!
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 30/08/13 11:39 AM Posted 30/08/13 11:39 AM When I blew my engine, and got a new long from Ford, it didnt have a number on it either. I had to get the engine fitted, then went to Transport SA so they could see that it didnt have an engine number.They then issued me one, and I had to go back to the mechanic and get him to stamp it(*beep* to do with engine in car), then go back to Trans SA and get them to check it was correct.No full inspections needed in SA.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 30/08/13 11:48 AM Posted 30/08/13 11:48 AM I would not be stamping any number on a block without an official letter, it would be fraud for the mechanic to do that without authorisation
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now