WILD_XR Member 51 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Rhodes, Sydney. Posted 29/08/13 04:19 AM Posted 29/08/13 04:19 AM Hey guys,Im in a little bit of a dilemma here.. noone seems to give me the right info.Cut along story short, I blew my motor a year and a half ago on the dyno and now Im at the stage of selling the car I found out the new motor installed by my tuner doesnt have an engine number??I assumed when you get a new engine a number comes with it??The tuner purchased the BFF6 motor from ford.Now ive been told from the RTA after spending an hour on the phone that in order to get the engine number I need a full blue slip and then it literally needs to go to the pits for a full inspection.Is this right??All work done to this car has been done by a reputable tuner with 380rwkw but I know what the pits are like... In other words... Im fuked!!!The tuner is telling me I only need to go to the police station and go through them??Is there anyone else that can give me advise that has been in the same situation??Thanks.
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/08/13 05:54 AM Posted 29/08/13 05:54 AM I can't tell you the full story but I can tell you, you don't need to go to the police (fark knows why you would need to do that) but you will need to get a full inspection.. Tough luck bud where ya from?
WILD_XR Member 51 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Rhodes, Sydney. Posted 29/08/13 06:19 AM Author Posted 29/08/13 06:19 AM From Sydney mate. Trying to sell the car to help pay for my wife's cancer treatment bills. Last thing I need is to be stung by the pits, etc. at the moment every cent counts so I'm looking at all options here...
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 29/08/13 06:28 AM Posted 29/08/13 06:28 AM punch kit and your old engine number? 1
WILD_XR Member 51 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Rhodes, Sydney. Posted 29/08/13 06:30 AM Author Posted 29/08/13 06:30 AM Sorry mate I'm not with ya.. Punch kit??
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 29/08/13 06:33 AM Posted 29/08/13 06:33 AM
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/08/13 06:49 AM Posted 29/08/13 06:49 AM punch kit and your old engine number?Is what should have happened when the replacement engine went it...
WILD_XR Member 51 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Rhodes, Sydney. Posted 29/08/13 07:05 AM Author Posted 29/08/13 07:05 AM Mmmm.... If only I was more aware at the time. I just assumed all was well until now when I'm trying to sell the car.Spewing. Looks like Il have to bite the bullet and listen to the RTA and take it down to the pits.I was hoping there was another legal way of doing this.
WILD_XR Member 51 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Rhodes, Sydney. Posted 29/08/13 07:59 AM Author Posted 29/08/13 07:59 AM I'm going to just throw it out there but... Do you need an engine number if I'm selling a car??I have all receipts for the car??
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/08/13 10:18 AM Posted 29/08/13 10:18 AM (edited) Wrong thread Edited 29/08/13 10:19 AM by Kroozin
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now