bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 26d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 15/07/13 01:29 PM Posted 15/07/13 01:29 PM This reminds me of the early Rapidsystem kits but most of yours is plastic cutting and not steel...I've always preferred the Nizpro cooler bottom to top flow through but the others have all proven themselves time and time again.They are some big ass piping with a big ass cooler lol
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 11d Posted 15/07/13 01:32 PM Posted 15/07/13 01:32 PM Great write up Adam. These things are a challenge to fit. No instructions supplied, so every bit of info helps.Just a note.. but you've mounted the cooler way too low. The top of the cooler should be 5-10mm max below the bonnet latch. You shouldn't have to remove any metal for the cold side out of the crash bar.
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 15/07/13 02:22 PM Author Posted 15/07/13 02:22 PM Oh really! The bottom mounts were already welded in place and the piping seemed to fit a treat, with some massaging ofcourse. Also if it were mounted higher it would mean I would have to take more steel out of the crash bar on the driver side for the hot pipe and I was already getting close to the horizontal section that the crash bar welds onto and a spot weld that I wanted to leave in place. I don't think you "really" need to take any steel off crash bar on the passenger side, but if I didn't the hose would have touched it (just). I admit I got over zealous on the LHS. I didn't follow the 5 "P" rule.I did buy my cooler second hand ($700) (cooler piping kit new was $600) the previous installer may have moved the mounts. For what reason I am not sure.Do you think the cooler looks small? Compared to the ones you have seen?
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 11d Posted 15/07/13 09:04 PM Posted 15/07/13 09:04 PM It does look smaller mate.. I think it could be one of Nizpros early units. Mine sits just under the bonnet latch..and your end tanks look slightly different.You have to push that little cooler back towards the radiator to give you more room between the crash bar. Little bit of metal trimming is still required where the tanks are.Ive got heaps of photos of my install.. I should post them one day...
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/07/13 11:16 PM Posted 15/07/13 11:16 PM Did the cooler arrive from Nizpro looking like this or did you mod it?
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 16/07/13 12:49 AM Author Posted 16/07/13 12:49 AM Previous owner said he trimmed it so the hose doesn't contact the front bumper :( F*ck I hate being ripped off!
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/07/13 02:26 AM Posted 16/07/13 02:26 AM Dang !!
FORD G6ET Member 28 Member For: 13y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/07/13 02:50 AM Posted 16/07/13 02:50 AM Jimix can u post some pics thinking of doing mine this weekend..
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 16/07/13 05:39 AM Author Posted 16/07/13 05:39 AM That would be mint.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/07/13 06:33 AM Posted 16/07/13 06:33 AM Adzie what did u get the 2nd hand kit for $$$
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now