ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/07/10 04:21 AM Posted 20/07/10 04:21 AM I think the dealer is getting confused about the B and C modules as it only relates to the Bluetooth issue with IPHONES.The problem you are having with the ipod is most likely a issue with the ipod itself, as you stated that it was fine until you did an update.I run a Ipod Nano and it works fine, however I also updated it and now it will not go back the the last played song. It used to be fine and would always rememeber the last song or podcast, but not anymore after about an hour with the car off, it starts back at the first track.It drives me nuts, but it is nothing to do with Ford, but Apple like to stuff around with a product to keep rooting it.As for the BT carkit, if you are using an iphone, then it is the C module that will fix it, but again it is the retards at Apple that chose not to use the standard BT stack.
Verve Legacy Donating Member 126 Member For: 17y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 04/08/10 09:44 AM Posted 04/08/10 09:44 AM I have similar issues with my ipod and iPhone, it's booked in on Friday for the update.How long does it take?
310_FSX Legacy Donating Member 126 Member For: 16y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 04/08/10 09:53 AM Posted 04/08/10 09:53 AM Yeh I had the update done... changed the problem not fixed it... now I cant use the random function or the ICC comes up with "NOT SUPPORTED"Frustrating considering my ipod was on the list of supported I-pods when I purchsed the car.
cjm Member 24 Member For: 22y 3m 10d Posted 30/10/10 08:12 AM Posted 30/10/10 08:12 AM Was wondering if it's possible to improve the quality of sound coming from an ipod in an FG ("premium" system). My CDs sound great but the ipod.. well... let's say I'm not happy with the SQ. For a bit of background here, I've upgraded the sound system (speakers/sub/amps). Am I forever destined to substandard sound from the ipod (due to the stock unit) and have to use CDs? I much prefer ipod playlists etc.I also ask this question because ipods sound much better in other cars I've listened to. PS Higher bitrate songs in lossless still don't sound anywhere near as good to me as the CDs.Any feedback would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 30/10/10 08:19 AM Posted 30/10/10 08:19 AM hows your ipod connected. Genuine ipod connection or aux
cjm Member 24 Member For: 22y 3m 10d Posted 30/10/10 08:30 AM Posted 30/10/10 08:30 AM It's the genuine ipod connection.Other car systems with genuine ipod connections that I've listened to sound better to me than my FG.Was just wondering if anyone else has found a big difference between CD sound and ipod sound.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 30/10/10 08:44 AM Posted 30/10/10 08:44 AM I personally think its pretty good. Have you tried changing the AUX volume
Pete A Member 442 Member For: 17y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill NSW Posted 30/10/10 09:48 AM Posted 30/10/10 09:48 AM My iPod sounds very good. If it is obvious the difference then there's something wrong. Remember that iPod is Mpeg3 compression. the encoding quality makes all the difference. Personally I think it's pretty good but it will never equal CD.
Turbo6FG Legacy Donating Member 497 Member For: 16y 7m 3d Gender: Male Posted 30/10/10 11:16 PM Posted 30/10/10 11:16 PM My iPod is MPEG-4 with the songs off iTunes. I think you can change the options of what format you download. With quality headphones the sound off an iPod is awesome so it shouldn't be that letting it down. I don't have the genuine connection, only the aux, & the sound from that is totally crap so I just use cds. Is there any aftermarket options for an iPod connection? Ford reckons it has to be fitted from the factory & they can't do it to existing vehicles.Pity Ford don't do a proper premium sound like Bose.
berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/10/10 12:12 AM Posted 31/10/10 12:12 AM It could be poorly ripped mp3s that is your problem. Try ripping your CDs in lossless m4a format. See if that makes a difference.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now