XR_Dan Member 3 Member For: 14y 2m 6d Gender: Male Posted 27/07/12 07:14 AM Posted 27/07/12 07:14 AM Cheers mate!
jono Member 84 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Posted 27/09/12 06:18 AM Posted 27/09/12 06:18 AM I have this lovely G6E Turbo with the iphone cable in the center consoleMy problen is that because I only do short trips in her the ipod goes flat over night and I just wanted to know is there any way of having the ipod charging with the ignition off. I like the idea of just leaving in the console with my selected play list and not having to remove it each night and recharge the idop inside. Set and forget is what I'm after.I really dont think it would have a negative effect on the battery as I have all that monitored and is holding voltage well.Any help would be gladly appreciated
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/09/12 06:31 AM Posted 27/09/12 06:31 AM I'd prefer to run my iPod flat rather than my car battery flat!
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/09/12 06:54 AM Posted 27/09/12 06:54 AM wowI charge my ipod up once a month if im lucky, listen to it at the gym, usually 1 hour sessions 4 times a week, and it holds its charge no worries.time for a new ipod methinks?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/09/12 06:55 AM Posted 27/09/12 06:55 AM That's not normal, it should turn-off when your ignition is off. And the charge it gets whilst the ignition is on more than compensates for what it uses when running.Mine initially did what you report occasionally and was resolved by a software update. Just out of interest does your iPod display the Ford logo when connected?
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 27/09/12 06:58 AM Posted 27/09/12 06:58 AM The ipod cable charges the ipod at 1amp, that sort of current draw will ruin your battery, hence why they dont charge without ignition on
NateXR6T Member 46 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Queensland Posted 27/09/12 07:30 AM Posted 27/09/12 07:30 AM iPod battery might be cactus. I only do short trips daily and its always full. Maybe a full charge in house once might make it last longer.
jono Member 84 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Posted 27/09/12 08:34 AM Posted 27/09/12 08:34 AM (edited) That's not normal, it should turn-off when your ignition is off. And the charge it gets whilst the ignition is on more than compensates for what it uses when running.Mine initially did what you report occasionally and was resolved by a software update. Just out of interest does your iPod display the Ford logo when connected?No it doesnt so I might go to ford and see if there is a software update required for the little lady Edited 27/09/12 08:35 AM by jono
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 27/09/12 08:37 AM Posted 27/09/12 08:37 AM My FG charged the iPod non stop while it was plugged in.. Took a couple flat batteries before I figured that out.
spoken Legacy Donating Member 133 Member For: 14y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: sydney prestons Posted 27/09/12 01:19 PM Posted 27/09/12 01:19 PM I have a 09 fg xr6 turbo with a aux input is there a cable or input for the ipod which will charge the ipod at the back of the head unit ?or do I need one of these ?http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FG-IPOD-CONNECTOR-CABLE-INTERGRATION-CABLE-NEW-GENUINE-FORD-/261068338674?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc8e2b5f2or will this not work with my model of car
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now