Dubboxr6 Member 18 Member For: 18y 9m 18d Posted 19/01/13 10:41 AM Posted 19/01/13 10:41 AM hi thereI know this topic has been done before but my fgxr6t has 150k on it now and I want to replace the intercooler/piping with something slightly better than stock. does any one know these or have used this product?http://www.pcpa.com.au/store/fg-xr6-turbo-g6e-fpv-typhoon-intercooler-kit-460x430x55-2-5-alloy-piping.htmlI appreciate any helpRgds mike
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/01/13 01:36 PM Posted 19/01/13 01:36 PM any reason you want to upgrade it?
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 19/01/13 08:55 PM Posted 19/01/13 08:55 PM You will most likely need the car tuned if going for any IC upgrade. That IC looks a bit nasty but I have no doubt it will work a lot better than the standard one due to its surface area. I'd get yourself a budget and then go from there but for only about $3k you could see the little turbo peaking its tits off...
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 19/01/13 09:09 PM Posted 19/01/13 09:09 PM It looks like a monza cooler with a pipe kit.. 1
shaun001 Member 16 Member For: 13y 9m 6d Posted 20/01/13 05:31 AM Posted 20/01/13 05:31 AM Dont waste your money on cheap and nasty coolers,save up the coin and buy a nizpro cooler do it once do it right that way if you do more mods in the future you know your cooler will work
D DUB Member 56 Member For: 13y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: central coast NSW Posted 21/01/13 06:12 AM Posted 21/01/13 06:12 AM I've found the hdi cooler kits to be pretty good and they're only about $500-$600 bucks. They flow well and support about 300-320 rwkw. Both me and a mate have bought them and had no problems with them
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 21/01/13 06:24 AM Posted 21/01/13 06:24 AM You need it to cool well too. Flow is only a part of it.This is why the Monza coolers do give an improvement that can't be sustained run after run. They flow well, but can't cool for sh*t!
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 23d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 21/01/13 06:49 AM Posted 21/01/13 06:49 AM (edited) if u dont wanna replace it for power gains then dont bother... no need....if u wanna replace it for power gains then you WILL need a tune (regardless of the power gain even if there was none as you will over boost and go boom boom) and in which case you are better off speding a few more $$ and getting something bigger and better. Edited 21/01/13 06:51 AM by Princess Fluffy
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 21/01/13 07:00 AM Posted 21/01/13 07:00 AM (edited) Not much to add to the above except"Lower End Intercooler Kit Advice" - don't Edited 21/01/13 07:00 AM by -SteveR- 1
Dubboxr6 Member 18 Member For: 18y 9m 18d Posted 21/01/13 11:49 AM Author Posted 21/01/13 11:49 AM Thx for the replies guys Yeah I've done a k&n, xr8 intake, 100cell cat already and I'm dropping the car in for a tune next week, xcal custom dyno etc. Don't want massive gains bout 280rwkw should be ok. It's just that the inter piping is knackered and I don't like those expensive I/cooler kits because they rob front end ground clearance( and I need every mm I can get on my local dirt roads). Maybe a std f6 might give me what I need, can't seem to find one though Cheers Mike
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now