Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 10y 7m 9d

First time poster, first time turbo purchaser. Please help!

I am looking at a 2005 BF XR6T with CAPA flash tuning to stage 3

The current owner has done all the required mods - cluth and flywheel, oil and fuel pumps, injectors and high flow cat and claims 320 rwkw on a hub roller dyno at 15 psi boost

6 sp manual, 140k km, full service history. Excellent/immaculate presentation

Has not been raced or dragged. Most mileage done on country distance driving

Asking $14,000.

Are these cars capable of such power without serious wear and tear? Are these mods too wild?

Please help with advice - what to look out for etc.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 6d

Get a copy of the sheet and throw it up.

Those mods aren't to outrageous, also deduct 10% for hub dyno.

"Flash tuning to stage 3"= dodgy.

• Member For: 10y 7m 10d

sounds about right mate

be awear that the barra turbo motors are roughly ratted to around 330rwkw before some serious stress is put on the conrods and valve springs.

some people will say you can push them to near 400rwkw but I wouldnt be. if I was you id be changing the valve springs and conrods sooner then later.

hit up the guys from ATOMIC MOTORSPORTS for all the good stuff. there really helpful. currently building my new barra long motor :wwww:

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Have a read of this thread, plenty of kms on cars around that amount of power, mine included (over 209 thou now)

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/3660-how-many-kilometres-have-you-clocked-up/page-19

Edited by -SteveR-

• Member For: 12y 4m 13d

The dollars and the K's sound pretty good. If all the basics are okay and I assume you have gone over those sorts of things try these. After you have driven it, open up the windows and just take off slowly and listen for any sort of drive line thumps and bangs. Do the same in reverse. Drive in a figure eight and listen for diff noise (there will be some but should not be so loud that it can be heard 50 meters away). The six speed should shift up/down without high effort.Some do need a firmer hand than others but at normal speeds they should have a pretty smooth action.

The motor should be clean and quiet - no rocker noises / chain rattles or belt and pulley whistles. The Barra 6 is a tough thing actually and unless it gets the sh1t beaten out of it, it actually lasts for years. The mods described are within the Series 1 capabilities but obviously it is not stock. SteveR has dragged his later version and did some legal ballsout runs at wylkatchem - 200,000 on it and there are others on the forum that are the same.

If it has a good service history, and looks great - that is a good start. I always like to be sure...... so if you buy it allow enuff bucks to do all filters, change the coolant and oil and do the gearbox oil ( 4.8 litres of dexron costs stuff all). It is pretty satisfying work actually and being honest, maintenance and general fussing around with a modified car is a pretty damn good way to spend a Saturday.

Go for it if it passes your standards.

• Member For: 10y 7m 9d

Henz, Megamind, SteveR, BRK,

Thanks for the advice guys - very helpful

But Henz - "Get a copy of the sheet and throw it up"? - I don't understand. And what do you mean by "flash tune to stage 3 = dodgy"? What's dodgy about it?

Sorry for the delay in reply guys. Internet was down last night and can't get at it during the day

• Member For: 10y 7m 8d

Hi guys,

Im looking at buying a BF MK2 XR6 Turbo, There is 2 im looking at

one is white, 115k, premium sound/climate $17000 at a dealership

the other is Orange 110k, stock, $17500 at a dealership.

Realistically what are these cars worth? and what do you think I can get the dealer down to? Im not in a rush, these just seem to be the best deal at the moment.

Neither have tint or a towball which I plan on putting on. I was hoping to pay around 14 - 15k max.