Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 9d

BFs might be getting on chronologically . But there are specimens out there will lowish Ks

Mine only just has 80k on the clock , be rest assured it will not be getting sold or traded for anywhere

near 13ks

• Member For: 11y 1m 1d

LOL ^ What are they again, I only ride Harley Davidsons???

So I'm pretty much hearing what I thought I'd hear from you guys.....which is probably the advice that I would give if the roles were reversed. The BA 1 in almost all circumstances will need $$ spent on it, and although I never skimp on servicing and upkeep, I'd hate to be hit with 2 or 3 decent sized repairs that I'd have to do soon after purchasing.

I doubt I can get away with a totally trouble free 10 or so year old turbo car no matter which path I choose, rex, stagea, legnum, XR6T, but I lust after that 4 litre turbo the most, and the fact that some 'just' fit in my price range tempts me to go ahead with one anyway, and hope for the best lol

Nobody commented on the one I linked....any thoughts?? I'd do a fully comprehensive vehicle test on any car I plan to purchase for piece of mind. If the white one check out as a good example, as in genuine km's, straight body, mechanically sound with service history etc, would there be any reasons that any of you could think of (besides things already listed in previous posts) to not go for it???

Keep in mind, I'm not after big power, and I drive pretty easy 90% of the time. I have an R1 for the crazy stuff ;)

• Member For: 11y 3m 21d

The car seems ok from the pic's but you will never know unless you see it in person. (I used the MTA to do my inspection cheaper than NRMA and they go to the car where the NRMA you need to take the car there)

You could get them down on price at least $1500 on the rego and maybe some other issues you could see once looking at it.

But then if your not in a rush to buy just offer them under $10,000 and walk away and leave a contact number and he might give you a call if no one else buys it.

• Member For: 11y 5m 28d

Hey guys im currently in the market for an fg xr6t ute in vic and wondering what is worth buying? A 2008 fg black ute with premium package with 105k's for 23 drive away or look for somethink with less k's with a budget of around 25-26? Thanks

• Member For: 11y 7m 15d

cool story.

so you must have like heaps of them in the garage coz I bet the retards do that all the time!

no mate not quite..... no need to be silly, worked for RACQ for a few years. but cool story about my garage though.....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 9d

Hey guys im currently in the market for an fg xr6t ute in vic and wondering what is worth buying? A 2008 fg black ute with premium package with 105k's for 23 drive away or look for somethink with less k's with a budget of around 25-26? Thanks

I wouldn't pay 23k. I paid $20k for an 08 (sedan) with 78,000