bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 10/10/12 03:41 AM Posted 10/10/12 03:41 AM So I took my car in to Just Engine Management @ Ingleburn yesty and am VERY happy with how the car came out 4 hours later It made 382rwkw @ 18-17psi along with 512rwhp & 817nm torqueWent in there having previously been tuned to a max of 367rwkw but was really struggling with the crappy monza intercooler and standard cross over and CAI etc...It was probably realistically running low 300's on a day to day basis! I never knew a poor quality cooler would have such a power draining effect.So I ripped it all off and added an under battery CAI, Rapid intercooler with the larger steel piping and took it back for a touch up tune.Car Specs:03/2006 BF1 XR6T 6sp ManualExtreme heavy duty clutch60lb injectorsUpgraded actuatorWalbro fuel pumpRear muffler removed & replaced with dual hotdogsRapid intercooler & piping kitUnder batter CAI4" dump into 3" 200 cpi catJEM stage 2 TuneStill running factory valve springs.Really happy with the car...Absolute weapon consistantly in hot or cold weather, whatever I throw at it My Tuner said the next step to reach 400rwkw safely would be upgrading the exhaust manifold & or bigger turbo...What turbo (decent price) would you guys recommend along with where to get my hands on a better exhaust manifold??Dyno sheet below
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 10/10/12 03:47 AM Posted 10/10/12 03:47 AM (edited) Good stuff although u reeeeally need a surge tank and 044. gtx 35/82 will get u 400 without upgrading manifold, I got to 400 with external gate an front cover upgrade, youl also need to piss the under battery intake off for a 4" intake if u go bigger turbo, and that 3" cat will prob restrict you as well Edited 10/10/12 03:48 AM by bionicxr6t05
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 10/10/12 03:51 AM Posted 10/10/12 03:51 AM Nice work from adam there, gotta find time to get back there soon...
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 10/10/12 04:01 AM Author Posted 10/10/12 04:01 AM Was banging my head over surge tank Bionic mate - to do or not to do... But I honestly have no idea what a surge tank even is and my tuner has never mentioned one to me, so I figured it was not essential.And yeh Senna, I couldn't thank Adam enough, he was pretty excited with the car himself after he took it for a happy lap!He brought it down to max safe 382 after trying I think 20psi and throwing timing at it... So it will cope with the new power nicely I think.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/10/12 04:07 AM Posted 10/10/12 04:07 AM I figured it was not essential.Ute or Sedan?Will become pretty essential once you get to 1/4tr of a tanks of fuel or below 1
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 10/10/12 04:10 AM Posted 10/10/12 04:10 AM A surge tank stops air being sucked into the fuel pump during hard accel and cornering when fuel sloshes around in the tank, prevents lean out condition and engine boom, which both you and me have to be very careful of at this level on a stock motor. And I bet the old walbro will be struggling at this power 1
f6mark Member 2,909 Member For: 15y 7m 15d Gender: Male Posted 10/10/12 04:40 AM Posted 10/10/12 04:40 AM mate. my f6 is making 370rwks iv done a walbro intank fuel pump & iv done a surge&044 pump as will.. just to be on the safe side.
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 10/10/12 04:49 AM Author Posted 10/10/12 04:49 AM Ralph - SedanAnd are they an ebay job? What brands should I look up & what's a general price?Will it need another tune? please let the answer be no
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/10/12 04:52 AM Posted 10/10/12 04:52 AM Process West/Plazmaman are the two top brands, budget 1k. Mine cost me Aprox $450 all up, was a custom tank, 044, Bracket and lines and lines. Quite a simple job if your handy with a spanner.Retune, Maybe some do some don't. Mine did. 2
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/10/12 04:55 AM Posted 10/10/12 04:55 AM I think plaz sell the surgey with an A1000 pump too which would be a good idea if you plan to run E85
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now