Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney/Wollongong
Posted

IH8TOADS - Thanks mate.

Which part do you think is going to give way or am I missing when it comes to mods.. Like do you mean it needs a surge tank (which I will now do when I get the chance) or something else others haven't mentioned?

I'm leaning towards it actually having the upgraded BF II internals even though it's an early 06 model. The valve springs have been spot on perfect for nearly a year now running over 300rwkw. So it should have the rods also

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

There's heaps of info throughout the forum, have a good look around and see what direction the community generally takes :-)

The stronger rods would be a bonus but I honestly believe quality hardware mods like a big exhaust/cat, aftermarket plenum, surge tank etc go a long way and allow power to be made easier and safer....but nothing is safe!

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

And jd custom make a surge tank cheaper them both listed above . I have one and have had no truble with it

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney/Wollongong
Posted

Can't find alot of info on JD Custom using google..

Would any surge tank (not custom made for an xr6t) be fine if you can bolt it up?? Coz there are some cheap 2L staino tanks with 044 brackets out there. I could have a tank, bracket and genuine 044 pump for under $300 if so...

Or does it have to be the correct shape mounting plate to make it fit where it needs to go?

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

That's what I did, I contacted one the ebay sellers and asked if they did custom tanks, which they did, Got mine made @ 2ltr capacity with dual -10 outlets for dual pumps and E85. Speed flow sell the fittings you need to connect to the stock line, brackets are very easy to make.

b02de3dc.jpg

  • Like 1
  • ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Here is one I did myself in my KE20 corolla. Tiny surge tank, but it was initially for an NA 100kw twinky motor. Adam Niesch tuned it once it was turbo'd.

The pic might be a bit clearer in terms of what you are trying to achieve with a surge tank.

The aim is to fill a container with fuel which, by its shape, will always allow fuel at the inlet of the pump.

you fill it with the first pump, have the return from the rail also filling the tank, have an overflow back to the main tank, and one outlet for the main pump to the rail (in this case the hektik VL turbo pump)

dscf06811.jpg

don't worry I have my flame suit on, let me have it but go easy I was an apprentice at the time so $$ was tight. plus I'd never really mucked around with cars before, let alone engine conversions.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney/Wollongong
Posted

Cheers for explaining that 'suck squeeze' makes good sense mate!!

Thumbs up for your 1st time effort also.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

+1 for the Surge tank, I myself have a Process West Surge tank and Bosch 044 pump. The car now feels stronger right through the rev range although its making similar power to before I had the surge tank fitted and retune.

Something you may also want to keep an eye on is your Valve springs. If you give it a boot ful and then it idles a little lumpy afterwards it could be a sign that the valve springs may be a little soft

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney/Wollongong
Posted (edited)

Real happy with the car but as it needs a retune anyway after I do surge tank, I've decided to relocate battery, add 4" intake, surge044 and send it back to Jem for a 6Boost manifold and retune. Was also keen on the gtx3582r but my tuner said the standard turbo has more in it with the 6boost coming. And that he would personally go with a GT4094 if I were to upgrade. PS: Damn the power bug!

Edited by bionic_oosty

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...