-
Posts
624 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Weaponxr
-
Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria
Weaponxr replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
Pitlane still gets the vote from me, and im from the Northern Suburbs -
Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria
Weaponxr replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
I second the advice of giving the drilled injectors a miss, go for the ID1000's or something along those lines as it will be a much better outcome in the long run. And if you are happy with everything, that's the main thing. -
Lol, Not at the moment. Buying a house before I do anymore to the car. Sometimes it does suck when you have plenty of cash for a built engine but its got to go to a house, but I don't plan on living on my car lol. Will be racing soon though at Calder park (Not tonight)
-
Nah not on this car. Changed the filter for peace of mind and upgraded injectors 'in case' I decide to "build" the engine
-
Damn, that's what I was there for also lol Went up to the ID1000's
-
In order since I was 16 years old. -1979 ZJ Fairlane (351 Cleveland modified), learnt how to drive in this car -1983 Nissan Pulsar hatchback -1987 Nissan Pulsar ET turbo (173 front wheel kw) -2001 VW Jetta (in Canada) -2006 Dodge Ram crew cab 2500 5.7 litre Hemi (In Canada) -1977 TC Gemini -2001 Subaru Forestor GT -1997 Ford EL XR6 manual in Gunmetal grey -1989 Mitsubishi Galant GSR -2004 Mazda 6 -2006 BF XR6 turbo
-
Spotted my car again? You live at that place don't you? lol
-
All the Mexicans are having a siesta, been like that for a while
-
Installing Xr6 Turbo Surge Tank
Weaponxr replied to Barnzey's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
My recommendation is to go with a more well known and proven kit. Go with something like a Process West or Plazmaman kit which will include everything to bolt in and drive. You are wanting to put a surge tank into an FG so obviously you have a nice car, so don't attempt to save some cash on a crucial part like this as it will cost you more in the long run if something goes boom. If saving cash is a big priority in all this, then don't do it at all. I personally have a Process west Surge tank kit in my car and its been drama free -
From what I have read, having no BOV and turbo damage was more of an issue with the old bush type turbos. Apparently the modern bearing types that we use today aren't affected. This is what I have read so im not saying it from myself
-
Personal preference really, and the jury has been out on if it damages turbos since the 80's. I don't think the question will ever be answered. One fact is though cops hear that flutter from kms away and they will leave murder scenes to get their defect books out all because the fact that you run a pod filter and intercooler together is a worse sin then being a murderer according to them.
-
Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria
Weaponxr replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
Lol, Close enough -
Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria
Weaponxr replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
I am in the north also and the only shop I will trust in our region is Herrod Motorsport, and im extremely picky when it comes to the work on my car. -
Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria
Weaponxr replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
We are here to help and steer you in the right direction. I myself had to have two goes at finding the right tuner for my car, the first one got me to a point where I began to hate me car and wanted to sell it. Then I took it to Mick at Pitlane and when I picked it up, it felt like a completely different car -
Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria
Weaponxr replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
+1 Pitlane -
Picked up the car from Pitlane yesterday after 2 weeks. Put some new valve springs in and a bit of a tickle, very happy man now. Dyno'd 361rwkw and feels much better. Can actually light up the wheels at 70kph now with nitto's. Micks the man
-
Trent, yeah im in the northern suburbs but Micks the man when it comes to it so an hour drive dosent hurt anyone. In fact I did it twice in 2 days And don't you know that Pitlane is the Toorak of Frankston lol
-
I only go there for 1 reason, to see Pitlane as my car is there
-
Hmm been to Frankston twice in 2 days, someone may start thinking I like the place
-
Don't worry Trent, life works like this.... The more money you earn the more bills that come in the letter box. You could earn 100k and it seems that all these companies know this and bill you accordingly.
-
____/\__/\__/\____/\_______/\__________________________Flatline....
-
This place is slow as @$$...Vic chat on life support?
-
Fuel pump dying? or coils?
-
Lol, when I saw the power output at what boost I guessed the tuner straight away, but I said I would never talk about them again on here
-
I believe its a combination of both soft bushes and alignment. They both can cause it and the only way of knowing is to get it up on the hoist and check it all. Also check the alignment in degrees on each angle and I think you will be one step closer to finding the reasoning behind it. My car used to wear the inners all the time but since changing the bushes to super pro and fitting a camber kit, and had it correctly aligned it wears the tread perfectly across the whole surface
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.