Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Posted 18/04/09 10:36 AM Posted 18/04/09 10:36 AM Hey guys,Am looking at buying a boost gauge, Oil temp and oil pressure gauge. What sort can you guys reccommend? I was looing at ozegauge.com.au but from what I have heard they are no good when the sun is out. Any ideas?Anyone selling gauges?Marty
nifty Lost Member Legacy Donating Member 134 Member For: 18y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/04/09 11:48 AM Posted 18/04/09 11:48 AM I recently installed these in Mine, I know they are a lot more expensive, But I think well worth it for quality and looks, go autometer cobalts. They are full sweep electric and have excellent vision day & night. I have since added a resistor to the lighting as I feel they were a bit too bright. 2
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 18/04/09 12:14 PM Posted 18/04/09 12:14 PM (edited) I just installed these. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=220385170450are stepper motor units. match xr gauges almost perfectly at night. good price too. sweet Edited 18/04/09 12:14 PM by fordriver1
BAman Member 133 Member For: 20y Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 18/04/09 12:52 PM Posted 18/04/09 12:52 PM I'm with nifty, autometer cobalts are the go.Save some money and get a mechanical boost gauge and the rest in electric. 1
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Posted 26/04/09 12:18 PM Author Posted 26/04/09 12:18 PM where is a good place to get these gauges from? And why is it more expensive to have electric boost gauge
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 26/04/09 09:30 PM Posted 26/04/09 09:30 PM I just installed these. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=220385170450are stepper motor units. match xr gauges almost perfectly at night. good price too. sweet forddriver I brought the same gauges from the same bloke whats the go with this whole stepper motor? whats differant? did you install them yourself? any pics in the car cheers mate
nifty Lost Member Legacy Donating Member 134 Member For: 18y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/04/09 10:19 PM Posted 26/04/09 10:19 PM where is a good place to get these gauges from? And why is it more expensive to have electric boost gaugegot mine from BPT in Wangara, Perth. (cheapest I could find in Aus.) check their website. Mechanical gauges have the tube run all the way in to the cabin to the gauge. Electric have the tube run to a small module that you mount in the engine bay, then three small wires run from there to the gauge. Note - these are full sweep, not half.
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Posted 27/04/09 09:23 AM Author Posted 27/04/09 09:23 AM thanks fellas. Might have to have a look. Is it worth getting someone to install them or DIY
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 27/04/09 09:29 AM Posted 27/04/09 09:29 AM if you are handy with a set wire crimpers and know you way around a wiring diagram then go for it other wise leave it to the pros
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 27/04/09 09:30 AM Posted 27/04/09 09:30 AM Never had a probem with my Ozegauge's. They're lit up white when you don't have the lights on so they're easy to see in all conditions IMO.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now