What Gauges Does Everyone Use

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

That's what I was told to go with...Oil Pressure, Wideband AFR (I think it was wideband and not narrow?) and then boost gauge.

Was considering instead of AFR to chuck one of those innovate ones (think there's a fancy one that can display different data on the one gauge?)...but can't remember the name and would need to research if its worthwhile :P

• Member For: 8y 11m

Yeah, I've been told that. I'll probably go that route.

I've seen the innovate gauge, but being OCD, I'd feel weird about having a different gauge to the set haha.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 17d

I'm totally with you on the OCD thing with a different gauge....... warning - the older you get, the worse it becomes

Instead of the AFR, I went EGT and I'm still not quite sure why but I've learnt to read it and understand it.

I grabbed a full set of 'custon' Speedhut gauges and triple pod from Wall at Top End Audio over in Perth. The kit cost just under a grand plus a cupla hundy for my auto sparky to install.

98b6f7249bbc2e8586c061791187127d.jpg

The only downside to them is the pointer could be a bit brighter at night

• Member For: 8y 11m

I'm totally with you on the OCD thing with a different gauge....... warning - the older you get, the worse it becomes

Instead of the AFR, I went EGT and I'm still not quite sure why but I've learnt to read it and understand it.

I grabbed a full set of 'custon' Speedhut gauges and triple pod from Wall at Top End Audio over in Perth. The kit cost just under a grand plus a cupla hundy for my auto sparky to install.

98b6f7249bbc2e8586c061791187127d.jpg

The only downside to them is the pointer could be a bit brighter at night

Haha I've been told my OCD is getting a bit too annoying for people around me.

I saw the top end audio gauges, but they looked a bit plain jane to me. I think they have a 3 pod gauge + fitting (without any gauge) option which I was definitely looking at.

The AEM gauges are 52mm so they'll fit in. Being an electrical engineer in training at uni, I might give the wiring a crack myself and see how I go with it. Installed plenty of gauges before and also trying to keep costs down wherever I can.

Uni student + intership = little to no money.

Only one I'm worried about doing myself is Oil Pressure. Need to do my research before having a go installing.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Not sure if this is what you mean but go oil pressure and temp senders in a sandwich plate under the oil filter or similar remote mounting of electrical sender. No chance of hot oil spraying around the inside of the dash!

• 6 years later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 8d

Motorola E7.

100 bucks for the phone. 5000mah battery so it lasts. Torque Pro app. Bluetooth OBD2 sender. 130 bucks all up. Change gauges and themes as I feel. Boost always the main gauge. 

*Oh 15 on a phone holder. 🤟🤟