Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 06/05/12 09:49 AM Posted 06/05/12 09:49 AM Basically being in NZ she will get screwed over by fraud or a tyre shop to get something to match in size. We dont often get good deals here unless you know what you need I find a bargin on tardme.
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/06/16 05:43 AM Posted 30/06/16 05:43 AM So my spare tyre got stolen - thought nothin was missing until I was wondering why the boot carpet was sagging I've been calling around at wreckers for a spare but wanted to ask you folk about the rim size I should be seeking. I'm running the standard 235/45 R17 on all 4 corners on my BA XR6T 2004 so thinking I'll need just a steel rim 17" space saver. I don't believe I can use a 16" space saver as a spare - right? Any suggestions about where to get a 17" rim spare space saver cos seems not many around even at the wreckers believe it or not. I find that hard to believe considering the number of BA XR6T 2004 models that might have been retired now. Any suggestions?
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,117 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/06/16 05:49 AM Posted 30/06/16 05:49 AM Good 4 year mine, Gaz any 17" (or 16" if you really want, just don't drive on it for long if you go this route) stock rim (BA-FG) will do the job. No need to be a space saver as you can fit a full size spare in the boot well of your car
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 01/07/16 04:27 AM Posted 01/07/16 04:27 AM Tyre shop guy stole it? Or maybe even forgot to put it back in after checking pressure? Lame either way. Was it mint condition full size spare? Maybe he's slowly making a collection of immaculate BA rims.
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 01/07/16 09:02 AM Posted 01/07/16 09:02 AM I think you could use 16" steel AU2-FG onwards rim no worries. The tyre fitted would be higher profile so the outside diameter wouldn't be too far out. These would be a dime a dozen at the wrecker. As Keith said, this would be to get you home or to the tyre shop only.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now