bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 26d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 24/05/12 06:20 AM Posted 24/05/12 06:20 AM The last time mine felt just sluggish it was lean to the teeth when on boost. I had done the fuel pump mod way back when it was the craze LOL, and in doing so I had to replace one of the intank fuel lines. I used normal EFI fuel hose and not submersible hose so it had disolved and was p!ssing fuel every which way but to the engine inside the fuel tank.Anyway...The car was slower to boost and just felt plain old doughy!!!Replace fuel filter (cut it open and inspect) and maybe clean injectors???
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/05/12 07:48 AM Posted 24/05/12 07:48 AM Don't buy the coil packs from ford. There is a bloke on fleabay that sells 6 genuine ones for $229 buy out now. His name is iquayThey come up every now and then for cheaper but if you are after 6 coils that is still quite a saving compared to Ford.
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 24/05/12 09:04 AM Posted 24/05/12 09:04 AM Evil xr6t - Yeah mate the obvious thing would lead me to plugs, but they are not even 2 months old and are top quality from tuners.. But stranger things have happened!! So I will be putting them in first to test the reaction.. Then I will put Coils in if there is no improvement.Even without the miss firing, the car just feel painfully slow and there is no kick when boosting up! It used to throw me in the seat all the way into easch gear only a couple weeks ago..But yes, I will start with plugs, then coils and into the fuel system etc like BJC mentioned.
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 24/05/12 09:21 AM Posted 24/05/12 09:21 AM (edited) I think I saw the genuine coils for under $150 Edited 24/05/12 09:21 AM by riptide
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 19d Gender: Male Posted 24/05/12 10:31 AM Posted 24/05/12 10:31 AM Where?
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 23d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 24/05/12 01:44 PM Posted 24/05/12 01:44 PM Hey boost69 have you cleaned the throttle body yet? That would be the first thing I would do as it is pretty easy and will only cost you about $15 for a can of throttle body and carby cleaner. Doesn't hurt to do it every few months anyway. 1
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 24/05/12 08:43 PM Posted 24/05/12 08:43 PM Even a rag with some petrol on the end would do the trick just as well!
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 10d Posted 24/05/12 11:40 PM Author Posted 24/05/12 11:40 PM BigAL's04,I cleaned the throttle body when I took off the inlet pipes when I changed the plugs, as like yourself I thought lets start off with the basic possible causes of the problem first.Regarding fuel filter, that has been changed, although not all that recently...I suppose there is no harm in changing it again...Thanks for the input guys. 1
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 25/05/12 09:41 AM Posted 25/05/12 09:41 AM Picked up 6 new coil packs from Ford this arvo. They quoted $66 on phone yesty, then the same place today quoted $72 and then when I asked whats the best you can do? I got them for $50 per coil! Lol wtf...Moving along - Car is perfect now mate. No missing at idle or under load. All good now! 1
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 25/05/12 09:53 AM Posted 25/05/12 09:53 AM (edited) Where?Sorry I mis-read the ebay listing. And when you see phrases like "IRIDIUAM SPARK PLUGS TO SUTES FALCONS " in the same listing you gotta wonder Edited 25/05/12 09:55 AM by riptide
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now