JV911 Legacy Donating Member 3 Member For: 7y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/05/19 11:17 PM Posted 21/05/19 11:17 PM (edited) G'day All, New member currently on the hunt for an auto FG ute. Have been lurking the last month or so researching common issues and mods. I think I've settled on the tried and tested path of intercooler, injectors, exhaust, actuator, tune etc. and a few "while you're in there" things (aka the slippery slope!). I have a couple of questions but will ask those in the appropriate forum. For now I'll busy myself reading and trying to find a suitable car of course. There doesn't seem to be many in Sydney - more common in Perth by the looks of it. I'd consider interstate, but WA is a stretch! Thanks, Jeremy Edited 21/05/19 11:19 PM by JV911
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 24d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 15/06/19 09:25 AM Posted 15/06/19 09:25 AM Sound good much yes. Hoist good lift forum happy conversation full of yes.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,120 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/19 09:26 AM Posted 15/06/19 09:26 AM 8 minutes ago, Classic Lift Aus said: I have interest in all automotive forum so I research always. recent I browsed about car hoist then I got you. I want to discuss some other topic also so your forum is the perfect place. have a read of the forum rules about any requirements for advertising here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/guidelines/
Xr6tuterus New Member 1 Member For: 7y 3m 17d Posted 21/06/19 12:38 AM Posted 21/06/19 12:38 AM Hey blokes n chicks I'm a new owner and lover of a ba xr6 t ute Just signed up on the forum after always searching things up it and have decided to sign up incase I ever have any trouble shooting questions. Please bare with any silly questions as up untill now I have owned n/a commos and ef and el falcons. I'm no stranger to working on cars though:) Learnt a lot already yay Car is stock besides an earls oil feed line, atmosphere vented bov, duel 2.5 stainless cat back exhaust also a pod on the cold side facing down in between engine near the fans ( I know it's wankspec but the dose wasn't loud enough in my oppinion with just the bov)
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,120 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/06/19 01:55 AM Posted 21/06/19 01:55 AM
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/06/19 10:42 AM Posted 21/06/19 10:42 AM (edited) Mate all good. We will always help and not judge. BUT if we solve some of your issues or help you with the problems you have or advice please donate a few $5 or $10 . really helps the forum run. What state you in.. Edited 21/06/19 10:43 AM by arronm
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 22/06/19 01:28 AM Posted 22/06/19 01:28 AM 14 hours ago, arronm said: We will always judge. FTFY
Cbaker New Member 14 Member For: 7y 2m 16d Posted 21/07/19 10:54 PM Posted 21/07/19 10:54 PM Hi all, Purchased my BF Mk1 Xr6t manual about 12 months ago with just 80k on the clock. Completely stock except for the turbo oil line upgrade and a cheap bov. Been lurking on the forums for the last few months. Don't have the most mechanical knowledge just done the basics but I'm willing to learn more so with the help of a mate and this forum I will be making some improvements to the coon. Once my tax clears the bank I will be purchasing: Haltech Plug n Play Idx1050 injectors KPM 700hp intank module Actuator with 12psi spring Venom Hi flow cat (weld in as I will get the nizpro exhaust later) 38mm flapper for the mod. I plan on putting it on e85 as soon as the part arrive. This will get me started then I will get everything else as my funds allow me like the PW intercooler etc. I don't have any picture because I'm at work at the moment.
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 16d Posted 21/07/19 11:23 PM Posted 21/07/19 11:23 PM Albeit the haltech is a good bit of gear, why this as your first purchase?
Cbaker New Member 14 Member For: 7y 2m 16d Posted 22/07/19 12:24 AM Posted 22/07/19 12:24 AM Majority of tuning will be done on road by a mate and no point buying another tuner to upgrade in the future. Plus I just wanna mess around lol set up launch control and other silly stuff
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now