johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 17/06/13 07:01 AM Posted 17/06/13 07:01 AM Its going to be the bleeding heart tree huggers etc that will be the main problem. They dont like anyone having fun.I hope it goes ahead. Wont be so far for us "southerners" to travel. AIR is a pain for us.(and yes, I used to frequent it a lot years ago) 1
ford_boy4l please stop playing with my testicles Legacy Donating Member 357 Member For: 15y 1m 10d Gender: Male Posted 17/06/13 09:57 PM Posted 17/06/13 09:57 PM Being a southner myself, it's still two hours to get to either one... =( just makes the whole experience of getting there that much more harder, especially if I break something and have to tow it home! Don't think my RAA membership covers that one somehow
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 26d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 18/06/13 07:25 AM Posted 18/06/13 07:25 AM Air ftw... There's not enough business for two strips ... One is destined to fail or worst caseBoth!Ill stick with rino and air ... He's trying hard and listening to what people want and going by the last meet we should just stick with.The hopes of a track to rival some of the best in the country seems a long long way off.
Skids4kids in the mid....not the bum like some Member 609 Member For: 13y 5m 16d Gender: Male Posted 18/06/13 07:45 AM Posted 18/06/13 07:45 AM Support AIR phark the rest!
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 18/06/13 08:09 AM Posted 18/06/13 08:09 AM I gotta agree with Fluff's comments above.Had to go into town today to return a couple of test Routers to Internode and bumped into an old mate from Broken Hill and he said basically the same thing as you Fluff. When he reminded me that SA doesn't have the population to support 2 tracks, I had to agree.I don't know who owns or runs the track but I am wondering if it was him/her (more likely that it was one of their workers) that was asking people a heap of Q's about the night when I went down to the snack bar......I like people that do things like that because instead of someone 'thinking' they know it all and deciding to do it their way ---- they ask the spectators that were at AIR on the night "what could be done better"Can't wait for the next meet there.
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 18/06/13 10:46 AM Posted 18/06/13 10:46 AM AIR will never be as good as it used to be. Bob Jane wont spend any money, as he wont at Calder either. Doesnt matter how good a promoter is, you cant make gold out of sh*t.I agree that we cant sustain 2 tracks, what we want is one top notch track. And at the moment, that aint AIR.
AusAnt Turbo Noob Legacy Donating Member 331 Member For: 14y 15d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/13 12:12 PM Posted 18/06/13 12:12 PM Agree ^^^^ have watched it go further and further into irreparable state since a little lad. Is a shame.
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 18/06/13 12:32 PM Posted 18/06/13 12:32 PM I 1st started going to AIR in about 1971, and I think back then Keith Williams owned it. Used to be drags, rallycross, oval racing, circuit racing. Was some good racing back then, and up until around late 1990s, early 2000. Someone will correct me on those dates if I am incorrect.
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 26d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 18/06/13 12:34 PM Posted 18/06/13 12:34 PM Air isn't the best but u pay for what u get... $80 a car is a very reasonable price for some runs and do u reckon that if they spend millions on a new facility that it will be that price?Also Murray bridge is a I <3 Bananas load away from everything nearly 80kms away from the city! At least air is 30 mins from the CBD ...If air had a new grand stand and some new facilities would be a winner IMO ...But your all right... Bob Jane is a pole smoking ohmo !
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 19/06/13 12:50 AM Posted 19/06/13 12:50 AM I wish we only had 80ks to travel to a decent drag strip We have a good 1/8th mile track at Portland(110ks), but they only have a few good meetings a year. The Doorslammers love the track down there. I am not really into street drags as such.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now