Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posted

Is the ford specification a universally recognised specification? I noticed some different companies use their own...

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 17d
Posted
This http://www.gulfweste...yntrans_atf.pdf doesn't mention anything about Ford specification WSS-M2C919-D for the 6 speed auto. It's not mentioned on their website... maybe they just got some stickers made up??

Isn't the relevant specification on the bottom right of the table as per genuine ZF oil.

ZF TEL ML 03D, 04D, 09, 14A,14B, 14C, 16L, 17C

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Don't know, none of those are listed in my service specification book for BFII Fairmont with 6 Sp Auto

  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Far north queensland
Posted

didn't shell have the contract for that - mercon or something

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 17d
Posted

Shell R128 Specification 1375.4 in your book is rebranded as "ZF LifeGuardFluid6" and as I said previously the rep who I emailed before I went out to Gulf Western and the guy out there at the head office both explained that Gulf Western payed big dollars to test and prove to ZF that the oil is a "suitable" oil and this also why other manufacturers had to remove this claim I stressed this on them at the time of picking the oil up and they insisted it would be ok and claimed that several of their Territory’s and falcons with ZF 6 speeds all ran it with no dramas. Other people have mentioned time and time again they have ran Transmax Z and it works as well even in big HP setups. There are other alternatives and you can even save some coin !

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

So at the end of the day wat works and wat doesn't ?. And wat power are you putting out?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 18d
Posted

So at the end of the day wat works and wat doesn't ?. And wat power are you putting out?

ZF LifeGuard 6

Castrol Transmax Z (some people mention issues)

Gulf Western Syntrans (no issues to date that I'm aware of) - what I'm using (stock) few members running 350-400rwkw

Mainlube??

As far as power goes, if the fluid isn't suitable I think it'd play up in a stock car anyway. (some built boxes run transmax Z, some people report problems and switch to genuine).

Plus you need to consider the trans mechanical limitations (input shaft, clutches etc)

If under warranty still I'd probably just use the ZF LG6 in case it milkshakes itself and they want to blame non-genuine fluid.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...