Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 25/04/13 02:38 PM Posted 25/04/13 02:38 PM We have quite a large workshop (all up about 30-40 guys in the workshop and countless on site who always come in and out), and I've asked about getting tools through them already but no-one seems to have any idea about it as they've never really done it that way.I'll have a browse at a few places and ask about what prices they can do.Ralph has some of his old stuff which he said he's getting rid of soon (in WA chat) so I'll see about adding those to my soon to be collection.Appreciate the advise.Oh and I'm doing a fitter/machinist apprenticeship, not quite mechanic haha. It's just called Mechanical Fitter. Similar skills anywho though
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 11d Posted 25/04/13 11:23 PM Posted 25/04/13 11:23 PM I know in Vic also after I did my apprenticeship, the government brought in some thing where the first year of your apprenticeship you got a one off $1000 or $1500 given to you to buy tools etc, as mate who was a mechanic got it which annoyed me as I had to shell it out myself they may run a similar thing in wa worth looking into.
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 25/04/13 11:33 PM Posted 25/04/13 11:33 PM (edited) The way it goes now is you get $800 after the first 3 months of starting, then another $1000 9 months later, then every 12 months for the next 3 years you get $1200, $1200, $1500 or something along those lines as a tool allowance.Works out to be roughly $5500 or something from memory.I signed on the 13th December, so my first allowance was signed for on the 13 of March (didn't get it until last week though) and my next signing will be in December then every December after that until I finish my apprenticeship. I believe once you're done you get a final $1500Found this on apprenticeshipaustralia website:"From 1 January 2011, eligible trade apprentices will receive an additional tax exempt bonus of up to $1,700 as they reach milestones in their training. The Tools For Your Trade payment initiative will provide up to $5,500 to eligible Australian Apprentices over the life of their Australian Apprenticeship." Edited 25/04/13 11:34 PM by Ciaran 1
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 14/05/13 11:05 PM Posted 14/05/13 11:05 PM Courtesy of Victor Bray's Facesucks this morning: The Ultimate Toolbox... http://www.sidchrome.com.au/products/sidchrome-60lt-cooler $244.00
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 10/06/14 12:23 AM Posted 10/06/14 12:23 AM Gents gonna post it up here.. I thought there was a power tools topic somewhere..Anyway..I'm chasing a Finishing nailer.. I was going to buy a gas gun.. But recently I stumbled onto an 18V Brad Nailer by Ryobi.. Which can go up to 50cm brad nails..Now firstly I'm skeptical of an 18V nailer but truth be told I won't be using it non stop.. and it'd match the rest of my power tools (Unpowered shed = battery operated tool box) being 18V Ryobi.I've noticed a few different companies releasing 18V finishing nailers.. What's everyone use?For how little I would actually require a framing nailer I will stick to hiring one of those..
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 10/06/14 07:43 AM Posted 10/06/14 07:43 AM It's a pinned topic...
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 10/06/14 08:24 AM Posted 10/06/14 08:24 AM Cheers big ears.. I searched power tools and just got your profile :-P 4
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/06/14 10:12 AM Posted 10/06/14 10:12 AM Gents gonna post it up here.. I thought there was a power tools topic somewhere..Anyway..I'm chasing a Finishing nailer.. I was going to buy a gas gun.. But recently I stumbled onto an 18V Brad Nailer by Ryobi.. Which can go up to 50cm brad nails..Now firstly I'm skeptical of an 18V nailer but truth be told I won't be using it non stop.. and it'd match the rest of my power tools (Unpowered shed = battery operated tool box) being 18V Ryobi.I've noticed a few different companies releasing 18V finishing nailers.. What's everyone use?For how little I would actually require a framing nailer I will stick to hiring one of those..50cm nail ??? 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 10/06/14 10:53 AM Posted 10/06/14 10:53 AM Cheers big ears.. I searched power tools and just got your profile :-POooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 10/06/14 10:54 AM Posted 10/06/14 10:54 AM Cheers big ears.. I searched power tools and just got your profile :-PLucky you added the power bit....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now