Fridge Center Console

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 16d

I thought I would see if anybody was interested before I did a write up.

I have recently installed a Peltier Module (Thermoelectric module) in the wall of my center console.

Long story short this module will cool my center console down to 2 degrees or heat my center console up to 50 degrees depending on which way I have the switch.

Not sure if anybody has the problem I have with an FG but you just cant keep drinks even semi cold inside the car, doesnt matter if you put them in your door or center cup holders, my drinks are warm within 20 mins.

So now my center console can have up to 4 drinks in there and the car will keep them cold or you can put your maccas in there to keep warm while you drive home.

The good news is is that you dont loose any space and you cant tell its even there

• Donating Members

I'll take some pics tonight, there's not much in the center console to take pics of, all the work is hidden between the center console and the center cup holders under the plastic.

the ipod may be a tad difficult, easy on my car as I don't have one (I have an iphone for work and all day every day I want to throw it out the window at high speed)

The tech specs of apple products state the temp rating is to go quite low so 2 degrees shouldn't be a problem... im not 100% sure on this so happy for someone to prove me wrong.

Anyway the main thing is that the actual Ford ipod module sits under the ipod pouch, all parts in the car HAVE to be rated to something like -20 degrees to +85 degrees, so the Ford ipod module is fine, and if you want to make the console cool just dont put your ipod in there, the cooler heater is on a switch so you can turn it off and on when you like.

Went for a run last night getting ready for the Melbourne Marathon, so when I left home I put 2 bottles of water in there... got to my location and went for a run, came back to the car 2 hours later and enjoyed a nice cold bottle of water... if yo ask me it paid for itself right there and then.

The mod was actually quite cheap, I would say all up with heatsinks, the Peltier module and cabling under $50

Edited by Rusty XR6T

• Donating Members

ok well last night it was just chucked in as a proof of concept, tonight I will be pulling it all apart to run proper cabling, switches and thermal cut off.

I will get some proper pics of the whole thing then.

Hardest part is pulling the center console out, good luck with that one

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 27d

I'm interested for sure, will be worth it when I'm on site.