Cds Stuck In Premium Sound

berzerker

• Member For: 9y 6m 13d

I don't understand why the ICC must not be turned upside down. Does anybody know? What sort of transducer is there in the ICC that is sensitive to orientation - something that controls the air-bags perhaps?

Reason I am asking is that I was tempted at one stage to remove my ICC but didn't know I had to be that careful with handling it :omg:

To put it simple , if you turn them upside down or sometimes even on their side you can "INK" the screen basically destroys the screen , makes it look like pen in has run through the back of the glass display.. after that point its a trip to the bin.

I do automotive electronics and car audio , I've worked on this numerous times in cases where the "non premium" cd mechanism jams up and then the customer wants an upgrade , I simply get a premium system to replace it and swap the BCM box over so the rest of the car still works, then you can add on a AV unit to the factory ICC "navigation" input on the base of the ICC. add a single DIN deck below that does dvd and you're set for dvd etc.

• Member For: 9y 4m 9d

@Bigg_kayz, Never heard so much sh*t in my life, brother inlaw has been running wrecking yards for years and the upside down sticker is a load of crap. These premium systems get kicked around for years before being sold. Never an "ink" problem. Mine jammed 6 cds in and I asked him to sort it out in my ttg 6 months ago. It was ripped out in 5 mins than dismantled upside down sideways vertical you name it the guy is rough as f^%$ turned the cd load mechanisim manually reinstalled it and bang all 6 cds removed. Told me to keep 1 cd in at a time and havent had an issue since.

@Bigg_kayz, Never heard so much sh*t in my life, brother inlaw has been running wrecking yards for years and the upside down sticker is a load of crap. These premium systems get kicked around for years before being sold. Never an "ink" problem. Mine jammed 6 cds in and I asked him to sort it out in my ttg 6 months ago. It was ripped out in 5 mins than dismantled upside down sideways vertical you name it the guy is rough as f^%$ turned the cd load mechanisim manually reinstalled it and bang all 6 cds removed. Told me to keep 1 cd in at a time and havent had an issue since.

Its awesome that your brother in law happened to get lucky with is violence, but to call my legitimate advice sh*t is disrespectful you clown. I am telling you personally I have seen them inked, I've even inked one myself. You think they put those stickers there for sh*ts and gigs??

yeah good advice telling you to use one at at time... you know why it continues to work with just 1 cd ? because you aren't over loading the stacker mech which can dislodge the loading cogs- dont confuse yourself if you cant load 6 cds like its suppose to your mech is stuffed!.... furthermore why would you flip around an ICC in all different directions to get a cd out ? the actual cd section will come out seperately , that way no risk of "inking" (because it actual does happen) and no risk of scratching the face.

• Like 2

Got any hookups for reverse camera setups to feed the icc kayz?

yeah mate, shoot me a PM

heres a basic link, it wont tell you a lot but I've fitted plenty. once again it utilizes the factory NAV input on the base of the ICC

http://stingeraustralia.com.au/what-fits-my-car/#models/90/categories/16/products/89/174

Edited by Bigg_kayz

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Thanks Bigg_kayz :spoton: I've been driving around for at least 2 years now with stuck CDs. Am going to give it another try to get them out. Do you have any guidelines on how to actually extract them? I had the whole ICC out and farkked if I could work out how to remove the actual CDs :idunno::beerchug:

The next one I have out I will make a tutorial for you and everyone else mate :) my suggestion while you wait for the tutorial go on to ebay or gumtree and try track down an ICC that matches your current one for a straight swap with the main cd unit or go to this site and purchase a unit..

http://www.asllogistics.com/catalog/Single-CD-module-to-6-in-dash-CD-stacker--p-13.html

or upgrade to colour screen with a 6 stacker if you dont already have a colour screen

http://www.asllogistics.com/catalog/Camera-on-Factory-Screen-V2-BA-BF-p-26.html