tpinto Legacy Donating Member 103 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 26/03/09 12:53 PM Posted 26/03/09 12:53 PM Im pretty sure that the 140km still stands and you will prob find that the 30km rule applies to provisional licenses holders or if you are charged with other offenses on top such as dangerous driving and have to face court in NSW.But I guess that law being what it is and what it always will be it is opened to different interpretations and created by government bodies to confuse us. After all our law makers do have the hungery mouths of judges and solicitors to feed.
jimmy1234 Legacy Donating Member 364 Member For: 18y 8m 2d Gender: Male Posted 26/03/09 09:36 PM Posted 26/03/09 09:36 PM hmmm consider you lucky mate, I got done on the great western highway 45 and over, no reduction, but I talked a some sh*t to him $1550 later and 9 months suspension, on my red P's then and in my vl heheBeen there before...but I was not given a fine on the spot, I got court papers in the mail 3 weeks later....I now avoid the great western, its to tempting for some lights to lights action.
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/03/09 09:49 PM Posted 26/03/09 09:49 PM Watch out for undercover turbo diesel Golf's. They don't cut you any slack!
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/03/09 10:06 PM Posted 26/03/09 10:06 PM You should of told the Highway Patrol cowboy that he should go back to his to his station and read up on and learn the fine and demerit point system here in NSW. 30km over and under 45km is 4 points and $972, over 45km is 6 points and $1677 the exceptions being school zones with higher points and fines and on days with double demerit points. The other exception is speed limits posted at 110, anything over 140km will see you lose your license with a very big fine to go with it, that's were the 30km and over and loss of license rule comes into play.LOL, mate the "Highway Patrol cowboy" was 100% correct and maybe somebody else go read up on the fine and demerit point system.30-45 over the limit will see you with a $600something fine, 3 month automatic suspension and 4 demerit points once your suspension is over. And I would know I'm still on foot due to one of these earned last year.over 45 will see you with $1600something fine, 6 month automatic suspension and 6 demerit points once you get the licence back.and it has been like this for at least 5 years but with slightly lower fines.That is the law until the 1/9/2009 when the new rules start, not sure how it will be later.
Butto Member 352 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Kellyville, Sydney Posted 27/03/09 12:50 AM Posted 27/03/09 12:50 AM A short while ago my bestie was flooring it to tafe cause he slept through his alarm on test day. So when turning right into a street he cut it a little close with an approaching car, said car turned in and put on the blue n reds n pulled him over.Being in the genuine rush he was in when the copper said "U went a bit fast round that corner and cut me off" he got this "I know im sorry, im late for a test at tafe, please just give me the ticket or im going to fail"The cop must have been in a good mood cause he just said "be a bit more careful" and sent him on his wayWas great to hear of an officer using their discretion in an unfortunate situation.
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 27/03/09 03:20 AM Posted 27/03/09 03:20 AM Im pretty sure that the 140km still stands and you will prob find that the 30km rule applies to provisional licenses holders or if you are charged with other offenses on top such as dangerous driving and have to face court in NSW.But I guess that law being what it is and what it always will be it is opened to different interpretations and created by government bodies to confuse us. After all our law makers do have the hungery mouths of judges and solicitors to feed.I can confirm that 30 over is a 3 month suspension and a $600+ fine. It happened to me late last year, Over 100 in a 60 (I missed the sign). The cop told me she reduced it to 15 over, but she didn't, and I didn't notice, nor did she mention that is was a suspension, and nr did I know until I got the RTA letter. I had to go to court in Feb to fight the suspension. Luckily I won, but still lost 4 points and the cash.
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 27/03/09 04:49 AM Author Posted 27/03/09 04:49 AM Thanks for the sympathy guys...and yes it appears being honest, admitting wrong doing and copping it pays off. Its hard to argue when doing over 100km/h in a 70km zone. My fiance last night gave it to me. Good to read some other close calls also...Actually today every time I saw A VE SS I was on the brakes...
Rancidpunx Brisbanes Resident Detailer Legacy Donating Member 950 Member For: 17y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane. Posted 27/03/09 09:01 AM Posted 27/03/09 09:01 AM pretty sure you have to now let your insurance company know now. They can use an undisclosed speeding ticket against you in a legitimate claim.
PJ. Member 22 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/03/09 01:31 PM Posted 27/03/09 01:31 PM Yes they can, it's always good to keep them updated on your driving history, particularly with the bigger 'non-enthusiast' companies.
turbo ute79 Member 376 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: gladstone qld Posted 28/03/09 02:08 AM Posted 28/03/09 02:08 AM I am currently on 6 months suspension. got done 125 in an 80 zone. 8 points and $933. as far as I know in qld when you get your licence back you get all your points back is this true. otherwise im on 1 point for a while.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now