Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 16d

I might just change change to the 3rd party fire and theft after this policy expires. I'd be damned if im going pay 3.3k a year plus a 2000 excess if I do make a claim. 5000 would already cover most accidents wouldnt it?

• Member For: 18y 10m 5d
I might just change change to the 3rd party fire and theft after this policy expires. I'd be damned if im going pay 3.3k a year plus a 2000 excess if I do make a claim. 5000 would already cover most accidents wouldnt it?

yeah that's what I thought... so did the repair shop... original quote to fix the car was about $6500... final figure was just under 20k... I wouldn't risk it mate!!

I thought I was being stung at 2k per year!! I just tried an online quote using my girlfriends details... thinking it would be cheaper then my current quote and it was $366 more expensive.. looks like I won't be saying anything to them :laughing:

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 27d

I was previously insured with Just Cars and they upped the premium for each modification on the car...

20" wheels was about $70 to the premium and added another $600 to the excess, Edit, Injectors and Valve Springs added another $100 or so to the premium, excess was already $450 and $1200 because it was an XR6 Turbo... so grand total of $2250 in the event of a claim.

It gets expensive to mod your car, but if you can't afford it then don't do it...

And there is no way in hell I would have a 30K+ car insured only for Third Party, Fire and Theft... you are asking for trouble!!

Jack :laughing: