XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 16/08/06 03:02 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:02 AM I think because im an under 25 driver. do you think they would offer me a better agreed value?
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 16/08/06 03:09 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:09 AM I'm under 25, and I told them about all my mods.. the premium didn't go up at all, but the excess did then again, if they put my premium any higher I would have left!
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Posted 16/08/06 03:11 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:11 AM they charged me for mods done, but they added it onto the following years premuim, not the one past
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 16/08/06 03:11 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:11 AM damn bastards at jci said they wont insure me for more then the purchase price? how did u get them to change yours jetute?
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 16/08/06 03:14 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:14 AM I might just change change to the 3rd party fire and theft after this policy expires. I'd be damned if im going pay 3.3k a year plus a 2000 excess if I do make a claim. 5000 would already cover most accidents wouldnt it?
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 16/08/06 03:17 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:17 AM I might just change change to the 3rd party fire and theft after this policy expires. I'd be damned if im going pay 3.3k a year plus a 2000 excess if I do make a claim. 5000 would already cover most accidents wouldnt it?←yeah that's what I thought... so did the repair shop... original quote to fix the car was about $6500... final figure was just under 20k... I wouldn't risk it mate!! I thought I was being stung at 2k per year!! I just tried an online quote using my girlfriends details... thinking it would be cheaper then my current quote and it was $366 more expensive.. looks like I won't be saying anything to them
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 16/08/06 03:21 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:21 AM I just did an online quote for me... and only said that the damage in the crash was $8000 worth... and they quoted me $2400 per year .. I'll shut up and accept my current quote thanks
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 16/08/06 03:24 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:24 AM just did an online quote as well. same details but with an air filter. $4017.that's almost 1k more then what im paying now. go figure
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Posted 16/08/06 03:25 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:25 AM I feel sorry for you guys, I switched to racv recently and im payin 1080 and im under 25
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 16/08/06 03:26 AM Posted 16/08/06 03:26 AM I was previously insured with Just Cars and they upped the premium for each modification on the car...20" wheels was about $70 to the premium and added another $600 to the excess, Edit, Injectors and Valve Springs added another $100 or so to the premium, excess was already $450 and $1200 because it was an XR6 Turbo... so grand total of $2250 in the event of a claim.It gets expensive to mod your car, but if you can't afford it then don't do it...And there is no way in hell I would have a 30K+ car insured only for Third Party, Fire and Theft... you are asking for trouble!!Jack
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now