sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 14/09/03 05:18 AM Posted 14/09/03 05:18 AM OK, this is worries me...I drive almost all my K's on the hwy and in NT with the turbo constantly working. I have noticed that it does get VERY hot under the bonnet, with the turbo glowing if I don't give it a good 5 km wind down (driving slow)I even open the bonnet after a run and let the heat out.Personally I'd have liked factory bonnet vents to let the hot air out. I don't know, I'm no automotive engineer, but hot can't be good....
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 3m 30d Location: On the edge Posted 14/09/03 08:49 AM Posted 14/09/03 08:49 AM Since my turbo is screwed and being replaced as we speak, the dealer has recommended that I install a turbo timer in an attempt to reduce damage to my new one in the future.I am looking at the HKS timer type 1, can any one make recommendations or suggestions.Keith Keithg, in reference to turbo timers, read my post in the topic- BOV:do they void my warranty.
Guest keithg Guests Posted 14/09/03 12:46 PM Posted 14/09/03 12:46 PM Since my turbo is screwed and being replaced as we speak, the dealer has recommended that I install a turbo timer in an attempt to reduce damage to my new one in the future.I am looking at the HKS timer type 1, can any one make recommendations or suggestions.KeithKeithg, in reference to turbo timers, read my post in the topic- BOV:do they void my warranty. FORDTECH, I read your comments on the BOV issue, but in my case it was the dealer that actually suggested that I get one installed?!
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 15/09/03 09:11 AM Posted 15/09/03 09:11 AM If the dealer suggested it to you, why don't you suggest to him that he suggest it to Ford - you shouldn't have to spend the money. Tell him you're happy to have them keep replacing the turbos at Ford's cost until the warranty expires - how many do you think it will use up in the next two and a half years or so ???
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 15/09/03 09:17 AM Posted 15/09/03 09:17 AM Since my turbo is screwed and being replaced as we speak, the dealer has recommended that I install a turbo timer in an attempt to reduce damage to my new one in the future.I am looking at the HKS timer type 1, can any one make recommendations or suggestions.KeithKeithg, in reference to turbo timers, read my post in the topic- BOV:do they void my warranty. FORDTECH, I read your comments on the BOV issue, but in my case it was the dealer that actually suggested that I get one installed?! Hi Keith,I have been told that a Turbo Timer is not needed in the vehicle. I have also verified that it would void warranty..
Guest Guests Posted 15/09/03 10:06 PM Posted 15/09/03 10:06 PM Yea Keith,tell your dealer to fit one under warranty if thier so keen, and get it in writing ! Maby they know something ?
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 3m 30d Location: On the edge Posted 16/09/03 08:41 AM Posted 16/09/03 08:41 AM I have been told that a Turbo Timer is not needed in the vehicle. I have also verified that it would void warranty.. CJF077, Which one voids warranty??The Turbo timer or the BOV?Also if you have verified this could you please explain why they do?Just curious.Cheers
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Posted 16/09/03 09:52 PM Posted 16/09/03 09:52 PM I would have thought the t-timer should be fine under warrantee .... bov on the otherhand "nop"
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 30/11/03 10:08 AM Posted 30/11/03 10:08 AM Aaah so many questions I hope someone can advise me! I live at the top of asteep rural road, tough climb about 4steep km,s then staight into the shed and turn her of. She smells very hot but temp gauge says its OK. Go out an hour later start it up and the thermo fan comes on. Its been pretty hot here lately but should I run it at high idle for a while before shutdown or is there nothing to worry about?
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 30/11/03 10:17 AM Posted 30/11/03 10:17 AM Just idle for a minute it be ok ford have set the water cooler of the turbo up to thermosyphon after the motor is hot to help the turbo out.Ian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now