Turbo Timer Thread (Merged Topic)

SweetXR

• Premium Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 4d
  • Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen!

You would think so, but when you think about some of the other things Ford have done to save $$$$ it makes you think twice?

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 26d

Most new turbo cars that I know of don't have factory turbo timers fitted and as the T runs such low boost for a bigish turbo it would not be as important I don't think as a pocket rocket running big boost.

Just take 30 seconds when you pull up to let the engine idle, I works for me :huh:

The thing cools down on its own because ford have plumbed it so that it thermo syphons(as long as it stays warm it will get fresh coolant,as it cools the coolant cirulation slows down)BUT you wouldnt do a hot lap and just swich off.

vik

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 10m 2d

I HAVE A TURBO TIMER SITTING AT HOME ASKED YESTERDAY ABOUT FITTING AND WAS TOLD THERES TO MUCH PROBLEM IN FITTING IT AS IT EFECTS THE ENGINE IMMOBILISER

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d

I remember FORDTECH replying somewhere in here about that, as soon as the key is removed, because the immobiliser "looks" at the key, after a while you wont be able to start your car.

I just do it the cheap way, dont boost it when I enter my suburb, and let it idle down a few seconds or so. Just like what Vik said, dont turn it off straight away after a hard time. :thumbsup:

Guest 56Mainline
  • Guests
I just do it the cheap way, dont boost it when I enter my suburb, and let it idle down a few seconds or so. Just like what Vik said, dont turn it off straight away after a hard time.

Exactly. I do the same thing.

Also helps keep the neighbours on side!!!

• Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 2d

I do the same. Especially when I get home, have to practically idle for about 1 minute to park it properly ;)

Guest Rushn
  • Guests

I have a Blitz turbo timer fitted. The only reason I fitted it was because it was given to me and it also displays boost/vacuum. I have read that it effects the immobiliser, but I have not had any problems starting the car. The only issue I have is that I can't use the remote control to lock the car or open the boot while the car is idling down. As soon as the timer shuts the car down the remote works fine. I'm not convinced that the timer is essential for the stock T running such low boost, but as modifications are performed and boost is increased I can only see it as a benifit. Especially to the lazy driver that can't wait a minute or so ;)

• Team - Anti Rice Blueprint Member # 1
  • Member For: 20y 7m 29d
The only issue I have is that I can't use the remote control to lock the car or open the boot while the car is idling down. As soon as the timer shuts the car down the remote works fine. I'm not convinced that the timer is essential for the stock T running such low boost, but as modifications are performed and boost is increased I can only see it as a benifit. Especially to the lazy driver that can't wait a minute or so ;)

So if you have to wait for the turbo timer to turn off the engine before you can lock the car - why would you bother with the turbo timer?

Understand the benefit of a boost gauge though.