senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 28/05/08 01:13 PM Posted 28/05/08 01:13 PM I was on street tyres mate 235/40/18'sTry dropping your tyre pressure, but if you didn't have any wheelspin that shouldn't be your problemlet us know when you go out again mate!
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 28/05/08 02:54 PM Posted 28/05/08 02:54 PM hmmm you sure somebody disnt slip a manual in your car and not tell you?same time as mine but an auto... its definatly your launches that suck!sounds to me like you are bogging down (what I was doing) or frying the tires (also what I was doing) you have the MPH but your 60 foot is shocking (the same as mine)
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 28/05/08 02:56 PM Posted 28/05/08 02:56 PM lol, I feel your pain iTec!
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 28/05/08 10:43 PM Posted 28/05/08 10:43 PM I run 13.0 at 107mph with a 1.86 60' -283rwkw, you can definately do better with a better 60' time.I also run 12.1 at 114mph with a 1.76 60' - 318rwkw all in a ute with a 4 spd on slicks.
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 14d Location: Sydney Posted 28/05/08 10:47 PM Posted 28/05/08 10:47 PM You don't really need a surge tank just do the run with more than 1/2 a tank of fuel. 3/4s is best.Your 60ft needs to come down to 1.8s and then your car should run low 12s.My last run at wsid was with 300rwkw and made 12.3s at 117mph with 1.9s 60ft.If you are running factory XR8s I can assume you have dunlop tyres. Not the best for the strip but they will do the job of getting you a low 12 with that power. good luck
hqracer89 Legacy Donating Member 324 Member For: 19y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Ballarat Posted 28/05/08 11:01 PM Posted 28/05/08 11:01 PM Hi GuysRan my car at WSID the other week and the best result was 13.1.I was on street tyres and there was next to no wheel spin.Stalled it to about 3000RPM, which may not be enough. Its an 4 speed auto BTW.Pretty disappointed at that time considering I'm running a phase three with 315 ATW at my disposal.I’m going back in a couple of weeks, so I’m looking for some tips.Dose that sound right on street tyres and will semi slicks make that much difference?One thing I noticed was the car started pinging just before the ¼ line, so I may have a fuel supply issue.What do you guys think?If your car is pinging, get it checked before you go racing. You could lose an engine over it.
DesFlurane Member 351 Member For: 20y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 28/05/08 11:09 PM Posted 28/05/08 11:09 PM If your car is pinging, get it checked before you go racing. You could lose an engine over it.+1 to that.Utes usually don't have surging issues especially with 1/2 a tank of gas.Get it checked by a reputable tuner.Who tuned your car?
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/05/08 11:21 PM Posted 28/05/08 11:21 PM Highly recommend you don't go out again before getting your car checked.Racing + pinging == blown engineNot worth the risk.As for better times you may find that you just need more practice. Brian
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 29/05/08 12:08 AM Posted 29/05/08 12:08 AM lol, I feel your pain iTec!I feel both your pains....... It sux huh
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 7m Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 29/05/08 10:42 AM Posted 29/05/08 10:42 AM With the auto how do you stall it at 3000rpm???I find I get to about 2000rpm, maybe a bit more and the tyres spin.Maybe your tranny is on the way out but with that MPH you should be in the low 12s for sure maybe even dip into the 11's if you can get your 60ft times down a bit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now