steff Inactive Members 1 Member For: 13y 9m 19d Posted 13/12/12 09:01 PM Posted 13/12/12 09:01 PM (edited) hey all,Now that we've had a few XR6T's rolling out, I'm just wondering how people are finding the fuel consumption? Yes yes, I know it's a turbo and I should be expecting high fuel usage.. I'm just curious and want to compare if my driving habits are top heavy or not as this is my first big car, let alone big car with turbo K's done so far: 300Fuel ave/100: 18.4LMain type of driving: city, no highwaysKoj just installed growler intake, fusion bosch plugs,hdi intercooler kit on me xr6t ba,fuel consumption is in the wow factor average 9 to 10 l per 100 ks,well worth the 1200dollars Edited 13/12/12 09:02 PM by steff
mattyc90 Member 34 Member For: 13y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: tully Posted 13/12/12 09:35 PM Posted 13/12/12 09:35 PM my overall average is around the 11.8l/100kms. recently done a day trip up to cairns and back home (tully) averaged 8.6l/100kms probably 350-400kms. mostly all highway driving with a few 'spirited' runs round town and overtaking a fair few cars too. around town nowhere near as good. id be lucky to see 16-18 round town but absolutely love it on the highway. im running minimum 95ron in it at the moment didnt see much difference on 98. 2012 FG Mk2 XR6 Turbo auto got around 9800kms on it now
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/12/12 11:07 PM Posted 13/12/12 11:07 PM Wish I wasn't stuck in traffic everyday!!
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 14d Posted 14/12/12 12:44 AM Posted 14/12/12 12:44 AM Im sitting on 16.5L/100 at the monent with everyday peak hour driving. (Stock Standard car)I would say a realistic average for me is around the 15L/100 range.Lowest I have gotten the FG is in the 14L/100 rangeMy BF does around the same, if not a tad more.
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 22d Posted 19/12/12 03:16 AM Posted 19/12/12 03:16 AM (edited) I am getting around about 16.5l/100km in a basically stock 2003 BA XR6T with just a monza cooler and airbox mod for K&N filter and intake. I am quite heavy on the right foot.One thing I did find was that stretching the lower gears to 2500-3000rpm gives better economy than babying the car at lower revs. 4th and 5th I'll change at lower revs. Edited 19/12/12 03:17 AM by NickBA-XR6T
BCR01 Member 152 Member For: 16y 1m 17d Posted 23/12/12 01:38 AM Posted 23/12/12 01:38 AM (edited) I just did trip from Cairns to Sydney return. 5000kms in 5 days. Was towing a box trailer with camper top and some stuff inside. Avg speed was 90km/hr. sat on speed limit for the whole trip unless over taking ( on private road under controled conditions) where I would get up to 140km/h breifly.I got a true 12.7 ltrs per 100. this was confirmed by trip computer, and by the amount of fuel I used.Without trailer in the past I have got under 10ltrs per 100, making it from mackay to cairns on a tank, without fuel warning light coming on.Car is XR6 Turbo, Manual FG with 30kAround town I get allmost 300km to tank, but I do very short stop start driving as I only live 1km from cbd. Edited 23/12/12 01:39 AM by BCR01
stretch4660 Member 122 Member For: 13y 9m 10d Posted 23/12/12 10:51 PM Posted 23/12/12 10:51 PM On the hi way at around 105km/h on cruise, aircon on, all the bells n whistles goin' I manage around 10.5L/100, not to bad I guess, I dont exactly baby the thing though, car has done just on 105,000km now
Woooody Legacy Donating Member 48 Member For: 14y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/12/12 11:08 AM Posted 24/12/12 11:08 AM So iv had the car for about two weeks now and after 640kms it has had the full tank the dealer put in plus about 25 litres I put in to top it up (putting the average at 14L/100kms). that's now all gone and the full tank I just put in has dropped one notch after another 40kms. Must admit the first tank was quite spirited driving however iv been taking it pretty easy the past week. So should I look forward to this kind of fuel economy from now on?
clevo400 Member 35 Member For: 15y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 28/12/12 06:18 PM Posted 28/12/12 06:18 PM 2005 BA2 XR6T 6 speed manual with 99k on the clock - 34l of Shell 95 and I get 280km - 34l of Shell V-Power 98 and get 250km - All city driving trips (between 5km and 15km max) changing at 2500rpm using 5th gear at 64kph
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 01/01/13 02:50 AM Posted 01/01/13 02:50 AM what would the best fuel to use on a ba xr6t 2004 stock tune and mods. ive herd people get way better econamy fron 95 ron and worse with 98 ron. at the moomnt I get about 15-20l per 100 round town and on long trips about 10-12 on highway. from 98
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now