MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 24/02/07 02:27 AM Posted 24/02/07 02:27 AM (edited) Ok while cleaning my interior I sprayed metho spirits onto the inside of the windscreen instead of onto the cloth then clean the window... anyway the metho has FARKED my dash.... It looks like I threw paint on it. I've tried water, hot water, soapy water... bloody anything I could find but it wont come off.... I think it might have eaten it or something....Firstly does anyone know how to get it off??If not how much is the dash piece worth and where do I get one? I hope I dont need a whole new dash!!!I took some pics.... Edited 24/02/07 02:29 AM by MiKa
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/02/07 02:29 AM Posted 24/02/07 02:29 AM I don't think that is something you will get off.It looks like it's damaged the dash material.That isn't going to be cheap! Sorry!
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 24/02/07 02:39 AM Posted 24/02/07 02:39 AM What has most likely happened is that the material has been stripped of some of the softeners, and is also dried out.Must have been a fair bit of metho I would try to apply dash or tire gloss, something with silicone in it, apply liberally and let is soak in, maybe you are lucky and most of it will return to normal, otherwise it is a new dash for you :punchhead:
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 24/02/07 02:39 AM Posted 24/02/07 02:39 AM better ring the wreckers :punchhead:
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 24/02/07 02:42 AM Author Posted 24/02/07 02:42 AM (edited) Damn just the news I needed to hear.... How much is a new dash?... will they seperate the bit I need? (if possible) or be dicks and make me buy a whole dashAnyone know any good wreckers in melb? FTG salvage are closed on weekends but I sent them an e-mail with pics...Any others out there in melb?? that are open?? Edited 24/02/07 02:44 AM by MiKa
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/02/07 04:09 AM Posted 24/02/07 04:09 AM MAte I would try a product like armourall and use heaps of it.I do not like your chances, but it is worth a shot.To replace the dash is a huge job and not cheap. I would go and buy a dashmat and forget about it.
245T Member 125 Member For: 20y 6m 5d Location: The Monaro Posted 24/02/07 04:38 AM Posted 24/02/07 04:38 AM I agree with him. But sad for you but a good warning for us
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 24/02/07 07:47 AM Posted 24/02/07 07:47 AM better ring the wreckers ←Sell the car
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 24/02/07 09:20 AM Posted 24/02/07 09:20 AM did that to my parents old falcon... it will not come off!!! I tried everything.... it was done about 5 years ago and its still there today.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/02/07 09:45 AM Posted 24/02/07 09:45 AM (edited) Spray the whole dash with it and pass it off as "custom".....? Edited 24/02/07 09:50 AM by hiddeous
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now