Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted (edited)

Ok while cleaning my interior I sprayed metho spirits onto the inside of the windscreen instead of onto the cloth then clean the window... anyway the metho has FARKED my dash.... It looks like I threw paint on it. I've tried water, hot water, soapy water... bloody anything I could find but it wont come off.... I think it might have eaten it or something....

Firstly does anyone know how to get it off??

If not how much is the dash piece worth and where do I get one? I hope I dont need a whole new dash!!!

I took some pics....

Edited by MiKa
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I don't think that is something you will get off.

It looks like it's damaged the dash material.

That isn't going to be cheap! Sorry!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

What has most likely happened is that the material has been stripped of some of the softeners, and is also dried out.

Must have been a fair bit of metho :blink:

I would try to apply dash or tire gloss, something with silicone in it, apply liberally and let is soak in, maybe you are lucky and most of it will return to normal, otherwise it is a new dash for you :punchhead:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

better ring the wreckers :blink: :punchhead:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted (edited)

Damn just the news I needed to hear.... How much is a new dash?... will they seperate the bit I need? (if possible) or be dicks and make me buy a whole dash

Anyone know any good wreckers in melb? FTG salvage are closed on weekends but I sent them an e-mail with pics...

Any others out there in melb?? that are open??

Edited by MiKa
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

MAte I would try a product like armourall and use heaps of it.

I do not like your chances, but it is worth a shot.

To replace the dash is a huge job and not cheap. I would go and buy a dashmat and forget about it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 4d
  • Location: The Monaro
Posted

I agree with him. But sad for you but a good warning for us :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

did that to my parents old falcon... it will not come off!!! I tried everything.... it was done about 5 years ago and its still there today.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

Spray the whole dash with it and pass it off as "custom".....? :fool:

Edited by hiddeous

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...